Fuse??? Blown fuse, it has a "3" on it...is there differen..

Can I use any 3 amp fuse? It seems some have "springs" in them, some
clear some not. Thanks Mark

Thanks Tim,
I looked in the schematic as well, it is listed as 3A, 3AG, SB. Would
I read that as 3 amp, ?????, slow blow? Guess I still don't know what
the 3AG stands for, or maybe I don't need to know that. I appreciate
the info, and will use what is called for.
Thanks Mark

The ones with "springs" are slo-blow.. definately not the same
as a regular fuse. if the 3 is followed by AG (i.e. 3AG), thats
the type of fuse, not the rating. There should also be a voltage
and amperage rating. most fuses are rated at 125 ir 250 volts,
dont go lower, higher is ok (for the volts, not the amps!).

If you replace a slo-blow with a normal fuse it will most likely
blow on a regular basis. If you replace a regular fuse with a
slo-blow, the circuit being protected will most likely blow
before the fuse!

The clear vs not is glass v. ceramic. for a pin, I dont think
there is any significant difference.

/Tim