[SOLVED] Mac Testing tools and utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Hi guys I have a question that may be somewhat unprofessional but I just never deal with this kind of things before. I own a computer repair shop and there are many superb PC tools that I use on daily basis like Ultimate Boot CD that have pretty much every tool needed for hardware diagnostics from memory and hard drive to operating system and viruses. Now I am looking for something like that for a MAC. I did a little research and I got myself a Disk Warrior that should take care of my hard drive part of a problem. Also from what I understand there is Apple hardware testing CD that's available now for new intel-based new macs it looks like this Hardware test tools for new computers are on MAc OSX DVD that comes with computer and I do not have original DVD for every model available. So my question is: Is there are tools on retail OSX CD and in general you see what I am talken about may be someone can recommend me a DISK or some custom stuff that I can use with all that MAC that I am starting to get. Anywhere from Powerbook G4 to new i7's that came out few weeks ago.

Thank you very much guys !

Solution
If you look around the 'Net, you can find several versions of Apple Diagnostics Disks for multiple versions for multiple platforms. That is where I would start. You can also contact Apple directly and they may be able to direct you as well.

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you look around the 'Net, you can find several versions of Apple Diagnostics Disks for multiple versions for multiple platforms. That is where I would start. You can also contact Apple directly and they may be able to direct you as well.

Good luck!

Solution

karen_a

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
As a side note, neither the extended Apple Hardware Test that came with my MacBook Pro nor Disk Utilities alerted me to bad sectors on my hard drive that were discovered when I took my MBP to the Genius bar. Apple Care later told me that the diagnostic software Apple provides won't necessarily pick up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.