Solved

Technical laser jet question

i'm looking at this technical information and it says the secondary corona wire in a laser jet applies a positive charge to the paper as it passes through....i didn't think paper could carry a charge? wth?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about technical laser question
  1. Best answer
    Frizzo said:
    i'm looking at this technical information and it says the secondary corona wire in a laser jet applies a positive charge to the paper as it passes through....i didn't think paper could carry a charge? wth?

its does, long enough to hold the toner on the paper till it gets to the fuser. but gives off a minute amount of ozone gas...thats why HP switched to PCR (a roller) in the paper path.
    people got really uptight about ozone gas..
  2. sounds like you know what you're talking about, but i would really like to know how paper holds a charge? as i understood it, wood is completely inert in terms of conductance.
  3. static! but I am not a physicist. its a charge the toner has...it has minute amount of oxides in the toner which is lays/attracted to the paper, because the toner is laying there.
    Remove the toner, BEFORE it gets to the heating assy, toner will come off.
    its only a milly second from the charge to the fuser. then its baked

thats sir, Is the lesson for the day..time for a brew
  4. ok i still want to know how paper holds a positive charge, but i'll give you best answer because you put the work in.
  5. Best answer selected by Frizzo.
  6. now that I re-read the question...once toner is laid on the paper, its the static charge from the corona wire, that holds the iron oxides in the toner.
  7. a transfer roller/wire sits opposite to the drum/belt and as the paper passes over the transfer roller/wire the toner image from the drum/belt gets pulled onto the paper by the transfer roller. Then it goes through the fuser to be fused to the paper. If you google, "how a laser printer works" you should find some diagrams and things.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Peripherals