Sign in with
Your question

Samsung SM 2343nw. Not native resolution, blurry text. VGA to HDMI?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 15, 2012 5:45:10 PM

Hello,

I recently acquired this monitor but have had a great deal of trouble trying to get it to work at it's native resolution of 2048x1152. I have given up and am making do with 1920x1080. Even that has only come about after forcing it through the nvidia control panel.

However, even at this resolution it is clear that the screen is not at it's best, it's not quite showing the crispness you'd expect.

Is there a way to correct this?

The monitor only has a vga output, if I convert this via a vga to hdmi connector such as this (http://sewelldirect.com/Hammerhead.asp) am I likely to see the improvement I'm after?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hardy
a b C Monitor
February 15, 2012 7:18:08 PM

VGA is VGA, and connecting it to a DVI/HDMI connection will not help. The ONLY way to get a crisp picture is to run it at the native 2048x1152 resolution.

First, install the latest NVIDIA driver. If that does not help, then your video card may not support that resolution and needs to be upgraded.
February 15, 2012 8:44:48 PM

The card is a 9500GT and has an hdmi port. However. This problem is now solved!

I just now had a little play in the nvidia control panel and this time decided to test the various options in the advanced display "timings" section and hey presto. 2048x1152 pin sharp.

Thanks Phil, you provided the inspiration!
February 15, 2012 8:47:59 PM

for anyone that might be interested I set it to 'CVT reduced blank' in the custom resolution section in nvidia control panel.
!