Euchre "Unable to connect to host computer"

I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
this game.
--
peanutlee
3 answers Last reply

    peanutlee wrote:

    > I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
    > start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
    > computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
    > connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
    > but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
    > this game.

    It is most likely blocked ports by a firewall or a router. Here's a
    link with help:

    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/euchre.html

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    I have tried all that. I contackted my ISP and he told me that "IP
    passthrough is enabled and all ports are open." I don't have a firewall and
    I disabled my pop-up blocker. Now what ???

    "Elmo" wrote:

    > peanutlee wrote:
    > >
    > > I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
    > > start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
    > > computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
    > > connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
    > > but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
    > > this game.
    >
    > It is most likely blocked ports by a firewall or a router. Here's a
    > link with help:
    >
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/euchre.html
    >
    > --
    > +Elmo_Tech
    > MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    peanutlee wrote:

    > I have tried all that. I contackted my ISP and he told me that "IP
    > passthrough is enabled and all ports are open." I don't have a firewall and
    > I disabled my pop-up blocker. Now what ???
    >
    > "Elmo" wrote:
    >
    > > peanutlee wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
    > > > start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
    > > > computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
    > > > connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
    > > > but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
    > > > this game.
    > >
    > > It is most likely blocked ports by a firewall or a router. Here's a
    > > link with help:
    > >
    > > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/euchre.html

    Are you using ICS? Disable it.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q267487/

    If your OS is WinXP, disable its firewall too.

    Run DXDiag and try the Dplay test.

    There are other helpful suggestions here:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

    Under the "ROUTERS, DSL, CABLE AND NAT" section, try this link in the
    second paragraph, and its suggestions if you are using NAT:
    http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat_or_not.php

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support