Euchre "Unable to connect to host computer"

I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
this game.
--
peanutlee

peanutlee wrote:

> I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
> start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
> computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
> connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
> but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
> this game.

It is most likely blocked ports by a firewall or a router. Here's a
link with help:

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/euchre.html

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

I have tried all that. I contackted my ISP and he told me that "IP
passthrough is enabled and all ports are open." I don't have a firewall and
I disabled my pop-up blocker. Now what ???

peanutlee wrote:

> I have tried all that. I contackted my ISP and he told me that "IP
> passthrough is enabled and all ports are open." I don't have a firewall and
> I disabled my pop-up blocker. Now what ???
>
> "Elmo" wrote:
>
> > peanutlee wrote:
> > >
> > > I can get into a game and can even join a game but when when its time to
> > > start I get a message 1st saying "Euchre is attempting to connect to host
> > > computer". After a couple of minutes then I get the message "unable to
> > > connect to host computer". I have been to the help chat room on the "Zone"
> > > but they were unable to help after trying several suggestions. Help!! I love
> > > this game.
> >
> > It is most likely blocked ports by a firewall or a router. Here's a
> > link with help:
> >
> > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/euchre.html

Are you using ICS? Disable it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q267487/

If your OS is WinXP, disable its firewall too.

Run DXDiag and try the Dplay test.

There are other helpful suggestions here:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

Under the "ROUTERS, DSL, CABLE AND NAT" section, try this link in the
second paragraph, and its suggestions if you are using NAT:
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat_or_not.php