Limiting access

My router is connected to our home laptop and want to
limit the access of the router to our children. I can set
up a seperate user for him, and family access with a
password and logging off or logging on. But, how do I not
allow access to the router (internet) on one of the users?
1 answer Last reply
More about limiting access

    To disallow access to the Internet on only certain users is controlled
    by the OS & thus makes it an OS issue.

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    Tom wrote:
    > My router is connected to our home laptop and want to
    > limit the access of the router to our children. I can set
    > up a seperate user for him, and family access with a
    > password and logging off or logging on. But, how do I not
    > allow access to the router (internet) on one of the users?

    assistance.

    time.

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking