RFM LED kit opinion - what color to get?

Hi gang -

I just pre-ordered a RFM LED kit from bill, and I got the green LED's
because I think it would offset all the red in the game nicely. Should I
have gone with red? I know the red looks great on AFM, and now I am second
guessing my choice of green. I do think the green will look very good, but
wonder if red would be the better choice.

What would you choose, red or green, and why?

Thank you in advance for opinions.

Personally, I go would go with the opposite color of the flasher dome
in the saucer , which on RFM is green I believe. I have ordered a
green and a red kit for the 2 AFM's I have, and I'm going to experiment
with which looks better. I would have tried the blue, but the price
difference was just a little too steep. I don't think you can go wrong
with any color really.

I made my own board for RFM and used green LEDs.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/rfm.html

I used red LEDs originally to test the board but the green ones look
much better IMHO. They don't stand out as much as the red ones but
integrate into the game more.

Cheers,

Martin Ayub
Editor, Pinball News
http://www.pinballnews.com/

SilverUnicorn wrote:
> Hi gang -
>
> I just pre-ordered a RFM LED kit from bill, and I got the green LED's
> because I think it would offset all the red in the game nicely. Should I
> have gone with red? I know the red looks great on AFM, and now I am second
> guessing my choice of green. I do think the green will look very good, but
> wonder if red would be the better choice.
>
> What would you choose, red or green, and why?
>
> Thank you in advance for opinions.

I was trying to decide the same thing since his default color is green.
I ended up going with red because the ones on the side art and apron
have red.

Jerry

great job martin. Looks awesome. when I get a RFM i'm going that
route too. thanks for the info.