Question pertaining to MN-740

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

As best I can see ,the MN 740 (the wireless adapter for the xbox) is out of
stock everywhere that I've looked. Is there any other wireless hardware that
can fulfill it's function? (Such as, well, any G-standard wireless access
point? Such as the MN-710? I was looking at the Linksys, but they're
absurdly expensive as compared to what I can find the microsoft hardware
for.

I'm looking to get my XBox hooked up, but I'm just not that clear on what
hardware will accomplish the job with the least amount of fuss and cost.
Anyone with experience on the topic, I'd appreciate your feedback.

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mix some oil and water? :)

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

for about $120
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3267684/search=airport%2520express

I saw one yesterday at a friend's house. It's a little all in one wonder
(802.11g/b router/firewall/NAT/extender, music source, Print server).
Carlos

"James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> As best I can see ,the MN 740 (the wireless adapter for the xbox) is out
> of stock everywhere that I've looked. Is there any other wireless hardware
> that can fulfill it's function? (Such as, well, any G-standard wireless
> access point? Such as the MN-710? I was looking at the Linksys, but
> they're absurdly expensive as compared to what I can find the microsoft
> hardware for.
>
> I'm looking to get my XBox hooked up, but I'm just not that clear on what
> hardware will accomplish the job with the least amount of fuss and cost.
> Anyone with experience on the topic, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Might try froogle.google.com. :cool: There are many listed here, with
competitive pricing: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MN-740
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Carlos" <carlos_manzanedoDEL@ETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Mix some oil and water? :)
>
> http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/
>
> for about $120

Looks very handy, but a bit more money than I was looking to spend.
Actually, I'm beginning to suspect I'll settle for the microsoft MN-700 that
I found for 30 bucks, and just running about 35 ft. of Cat5 cables, for
another 20 bucks.

Sigh. MK:D is finally forcing me to get a network up, so I can get Live.

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Might try froogle.google.com. :cool: There are many listed here, with
> competitive pricing: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MN-740

Unfortunately, $90 isn't what I'd term' competitive', since I also have to
go ahead and buy Live starter kit.

And MK:D, which is what I'm doing all this for.

Spectre

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Stop being a cheap BASTARD... You can afford the XBOX and games, get a
decent WiFi "G" Ethernet client or go get a better job. I use Buffalo
Technologies and they work great and are cheap to so right up your ally.

> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Might try froogle.google.com. :cool: There are many listed here, with
>> competitive pricing: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MN-740
>
> Unfortunately, $90 isn't what I'd term' competitive', since I also have to
> go ahead and buy Live starter kit.
>
> And MK:D, which is what I'm doing all this for.

asd

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

It'll certainly be worth it with Halo 2 coming soon.