Microsoft office professional plus 2010 this product cannot be activated because

rdsteve81

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hello,
I tried installing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 on a laptop with Windows 7. There was a trial version preinstalled, but I put this one on anyway, since I bought it on ebay and it appeared to install okay on another computer with XP. I'm supposed to be able to install it on 3 computers.
I entered the product key on the laptop, and it appeared to install fine. But when I went to activate it, it gave the message it "cannot be activated because the product key is not valid." At this point, it didn't give me the option to even enter the key.
One forum said I should uninstall the trial software, since there could be a conflict, which I did. No luck, same message. There was a telephone registration option where I entered a 25 key code. The automated voice said it was invalid also.
Some forums said that counterfeit versions were sold on ebay. Maybe I got one, but would it have worked at all? How can I resolve this?

Bought off e-bay??? HHmmmm

Was it manufacturer sealed? of open? dont want to be cynical... but if not sealed.. perhaps seller used key twice... sold on with one key remaining...
You used that on XP and now no more left...

I dont know... but if sealed... and you 100% sure its all above board.. do as Brett says... ring MS..
If not so sure... contact ebay seller and "clarify"...

Cheers