I need a subnotebook (<14") with discrete graphics, and an i5/i7 processor. I have seen the sony vaio z, which I think is perfect, but it has problems installing my OS of choice, which is obviously not made by a company named after a fruit which is green and has a bite taken out of it. Any suggestions?
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Less than 14 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
High enough for GIMP.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, but some power too
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not much, but if the battery life is low, it needs an easily replaceable battery.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not really, maybe TF2 on low.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
GIMP, blender maybe.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
More than 100GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
A few years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Sony has bad compatibility with non-windows OS, so not sony
13. What country do you live in?
UK, can get stuff from US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The one thing I hate in a laptop is a flimsy feel, so I prefer a sturdy laptop, but I can build my own case if that isn't possible.