TZ gumball lamps - warm white?

martin

I have the opportunity to build some gumball lamp sets in warm white.
These will better match the incandescent look of the machine. I think
that this version will work best with an unmodified clock, or a clock
modified with warm white LEDs.

However, if the clock already has the LED mod, then the bright white
look of the regular LEDs is the right way to go. I would envisage
offeringthe kit with the LEDs and resistors needed to modify the clock.

Any thoughts?

I'm confused (imagine that! :) is this for the clock or the gumball
machine? Is this a change to your existing gumball lights or is this a
retrofit for the original clock board or led clock board?

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

martin

It means a second version of the gumball lamp board. So there would be
two versions of the gumball lamp kit - LED white and warm LED white.

The LED white gumball lamp kit would go with the LED white clock from
PinLiz, or another retrofit.

The warm LED white kit would go with an incandescent lamp clock (ugh);
or, it would go with a clock modded with warm white LEDs. So the
gumball kit would come with four loose warm white LEDs and foru loose
resistors, the extra parts being for a clock mod.

ahh ok. thanks for clearing that up for me Marty :)

martin wrote:
> It means a second version of the gumball lamp board. So there would be
> two versions of the gumball lamp kit - LED white and warm LED white.
>
> The LED white gumball lamp kit would go with the LED white clock from
> PinLiz, or another retrofit.
>
> The warm LED white kit would go with an incandescent lamp clock (ugh);
> or, it would go with a clock modded with warm white LEDs. So the
> gumball kit would come with four loose warm white LEDs and foru loose
> resistors, the extra parts being for a clock mod.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

That's an interesting idea, Martin. How far toward the yellow end of the
spectrum is this warm white light?

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1127590778.944089.17760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "martin"
<martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have the opportunity to build some gumball lamp sets in warm white.
>These will better match the incandescent look of the machine. I think
>that this version will work best with an unmodified clock, or a clock
>modified with warm white LEDs.
>

>However, if the clock already has the LED mod, then the bright white
>look of the regular LEDs is the right way to go. I would envisage
>offeringthe kit with the LEDs and resistors needed to modify the clock.
>

>Any thoughts?

Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic thought about it a bit, then said...
> That's an interesting idea, Martin. How far toward the yellow end of the
> spectrum is this warm white light?
>
> Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic
>
> In article <1127590778.944089.17760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "martin"
> <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have the opportunity to build some gumball lamp sets in warm white.
> >These will better match the incandescent look of the machine. I think
> >that this version will work best with an unmodified clock, or a clock
> >modified with warm white LEDs.
> >

> >However, if the clock already has the LED mod, then the bright white
> >look of the regular LEDs is the right way to go. I would envisage
> >offeringthe kit with the LEDs and resistors needed to modify the clock.
> >

> >Any thoughts?

If they more closely match the incandescent "yellow-white" light, that
would be a good thing overall.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am interested in purchasing how do I get in contact with you?
martin wrote:
> I have the opportunity to build some gumball lamp sets in warm white.
> These will better match the incandescent look of the machine. I think
> that this version will work best with an unmodified clock, or a clock
> modified with warm white LEDs.
>

> However, if the clock already has the LED mod, then the bright white
> look of the regular LEDs is the right way to go. I would envisage
> offeringthe kit with the LEDs and resistors needed to modify the clock.
>

> Any thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS