Dell D1626HT monitor woes.....

Hi

De

I have the above 21" monitor - it powers on and goes straight to standby
(have tried two different cables/pcs and checked the plug etc...) My
brother had the monitor PSU replaced 2 years ago (insurance - water
damage ) and the monitor worked fine again, although now it isnt - he
suspects the high voltage power supply is knackered....

Can I get a PSU and fit it myself? If that is indeed the problem. If so
where do I go in the uk (if poss?) Yes, I know the obvious answer is
DELL uk, but when my brother did this it cost him £200 - I don't have
that kind of money at the moment.....

Any Ideas? It is a nice monitor (my brother got exactly the same monitor
as a replacement but repaired the old one for my uncle to use, until it
broke again - now I've got it!) Would be a shame to have to dump the
thing, but if it is going to cost £££ then I might have to....

any help appreciated

cheers

Andrew

> Can I get a PSU and fit it myself? <snip>

Of all places, this crops up semi-regularly on uk.d-i-y so someone might
be able to offer advice there. There`s quite possibly enough kick in the
tube to kill you if you don`t know what you`re doing.