trade opinion (would like operator/retailer input)

Last response: in Video Games
September 25, 2005 3:25:51 AM

I'm asking for operator or retailer input as this potential trade is with an
operator/retailer. I'm not asking for game play value here.

How even (or not) would you feel a Tales Of The Arabian Nights versus Bram
Stoker's Dracula be? Assume relatively equal condition and fully working.

Which would earn more if placed side by side on location?

Which would bring more (on average) in a retail sale?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 3:25:52 AM

Pinballs don't make money so operators don't see much purpose in
upgrading - I have operators tell me an F-14 does as much as a
Monopoly. Dracula is worth about half of a Totan in my opinion.
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 4:21:18 AM

> Pinballs don't make money so operators don't see much purpose in
> upgrading - I have operators tell me an F-14 does as much as a
> Monopoly. Dracula is worth about half of a Totan in my opinion.

Yeah, but F-14 was a *real good* game. There's a difference in the cash
box when comparing a TSPP with a Striker Extreme.

Couldn't tell you about Drac vs. TotAN. I suspect TotAN would be a
better route game; Dracula would be more valuable as a home game.
September 25, 2005 5:40:58 AM

i have a near mint BSD, ill trade it any day for a TOTAN.
September 25, 2005 11:02:21 AM

TOTAN will always make substantially more in a retail sale, although I
think BSD is the better game, highly underated and other than STTNG,
probably the best deal available right now . Neither of the games are
good operators= BSD mist multiball and ball loading system is always a
point of failure, same with TOTAN and all it's magnets and diverters.
Obviously that is a part of what makes these games so fun but when they
are on location they will fail more than a sit down driver or gun game
that will earn literally 10-20x more. It's no secret that the value of
alot of pins on location is really questionable unless you hit the
exact demographic. College students will play the hell out of them and
some pool halls and sports bars with a older well-heeled clientele will
do well but ultimately they can be a real headache. If you really have
to operate a pin, pick a good one without alot of gadgets, Tales from
the Crypt is on that comes to mind. Hope any of this helps.
September 25, 2005 11:02:54 AM

[...]
September 25, 2005 11:04:21 AM

[...]
September 25, 2005 11:09:34 AM

Sorry have no idea why this posted three times. &%$**&& google.
!