trade opinion (would like operator/retailer input)

I'm asking for operator or retailer input as this potential trade is with an
operator/retailer. I'm not asking for game play value here.

How even (or not) would you feel a Tales Of The Arabian Nights versus Bram
Stoker's Dracula be? Assume relatively equal condition and fully working.

Which would earn more if placed side by side on location?

Which would bring more (on average) in a retail sale?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net
7 answers Last reply
More about trade opinion would operator retailer input

    Pinballs don't make money so operators don't see much purpose in
    upgrading - I have operators tell me an F-14 does as much as a
    Monopoly. Dracula is worth about half of a Totan in my opinion.

    > Pinballs don't make money so operators don't see much purpose in
    > upgrading - I have operators tell me an F-14 does as much as a
    > Monopoly. Dracula is worth about half of a Totan in my opinion.

    Yeah, but F-14 was a *real good* game. There's a difference in the cash
    box when comparing a TSPP with a Striker Extreme.

    Couldn't tell you about Drac vs. TotAN. I suspect TotAN would be a
    better route game; Dracula would be more valuable as a home game.

    i have a near mint BSD, ill trade it any day for a TOTAN.

    TOTAN will always make substantially more in a retail sale, although I
    think BSD is the better game, highly underated and other than STTNG,
    probably the best deal available right now . Neither of the games are
    good operators= BSD mist multiball and ball loading system is always a
    point of failure, same with TOTAN and all it's magnets and diverters.
    Obviously that is a part of what makes these games so fun but when they
    are on location they will fail more than a sit down driver or gun game
    that will earn literally 10-20x more. It's no secret that the value of
    alot of pins on location is really questionable unless you hit the
    exact demographic. College students will play the hell out of them and
    some pool halls and sports bars with a older well-heeled clientele will
    do well but ultimately they can be a real headache. If you really have
    to operate a pin, pick a good one without alot of gadgets, Tales from
    the Crypt is on that comes to mind. Hope any of this helps.

[...]

    Sorry have no idea why this posted three times. &%$**&& google.

Games Video Games