What does it take to order parts from IPB??????

Ok I now officially give up:
I feel compelled to share my so called "customer service"
I contacted Kim @ IPB on Aug 8 to order a KISS backglass. They say ok.
I check after 1 week to check status: they say "Oh we lost your order",
can you resend the fax for your order? I do. I check back in 10 min to
confirm they got my fax. They affirmed they got it. She tells me in a
few days they will contact me with shipping, paying for part, etc... I
wait, and wait. I never heard back from them. I call repeatedly and get
the busy signal. After approx. 60 calls, I finally get through. Of
course, the person who answers says "Kim is in a meeting, can I have
her call you back? (Sure she willl...) "OK" yes have her call me back.
Of course, I never get a return call. And every attempt since then, the
line is busy...
Now my question is: Do I need to go through a vendor, such as Pinball
Resource, to obtain a repro backglass? Has anyone else here had similar
experiences dealing with IPB???
Bob

I hear the same about how dists. get treated from my local guy, but the
feeling I get is this is what we can expect from them. I thought with
a certain date looming (october 12th comes to mind) that they might
step things up...guess not...

Joe

If you don't mind me asking what does IPB stand for?
thanks,

I thought it was Incompetent Parts Buffoons

Keith Stelter wrote:
> Inaccessible Parts Barrier
> "sgoudy" <sgoudy@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> > If you don't mind me asking what does IPB stand for?
> > thanks,

Yes, or pick one up at one of the pinball
shows.

I don't think they have many left, if any, anyway.

There wasn't many when I bought mine last year.

--
Fred
TX

Keith Stelter wrote:
> I AM THE GREAT GENEHOLIO! GIVE ME TZ FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!!

ROFL! -JW

Order it through PBR (pinball resource) - I have had no problem getting
IPB stuff through Steve. Takes 2 or 3 weeks to show up - not too bad.

Carl Lizza wrote:
> On the other hand, I recently received an order from IPB and had a nice
> phone discussion with Kim. My order too was a bit later than I had hoped
> but she called and took time to tell me why and to apologize. She also
> spent time talking a bit about their parts distribution plans and BBB,
> and some of the challenges they face. Frankly, I think this group needs
> to wake up! These folks own some of the treasures you would love to get
> your hands on and you do nothing but try to alienate them with your
> flames and bitter remarks. I could cite sage advice such as 'you catch
> more flies with honey than with vinegar', but think my old drill
> sergeant had a better idea as a group exercise: everyone grab your right
> ear with your left hand; grab your left ear with your right hand; and
> pull like hell until your head pops out of your ass!
>
> -- Carl

Hmmm, that is quite a bit of vinegar you have there....

eveyone knows that IPB has some great stuff. They have had it for years
and have been unable to:
let people know WHAT they have for sale
actually fill orders TO sell what they have
make repop parts that are in demand.
same goes for the capcom stuff...what a PITA to get parts for those
games.

Kirb

In article <1127606476.704891.19590@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
rsbrownhb@verizon.net wrote:

> Ok I now officially give up:
> I feel compelled to share my so called "customer service"
> I contacted Kim @ IPB on Aug 8 to order a KISS backglass. They say ok.
> I check after 1 week to check status: they say "Oh we lost your order",
> can you resend the fax for your order? I do. I check back in 10 min to
> confirm they got my fax. They affirmed they got it. She tells me in a
> few days they will contact me with shipping, paying for part, etc... I
> wait, and wait. I never heard back from them. I call repeatedly and get
> the busy signal. After approx. 60 calls, I finally get through. Of
> course, the person who answers says "Kim is in a meeting, can I have
> her call you back? (Sure she willl...) "OK" yes have her call me back.
> Of course, I never get a return call. And every attempt since then, the
> line is busy...
> Now my question is: Do I need to go through a vendor, such as Pinball
> Resource, to obtain a repro backglass? Has anyone else here had similar
> experiences dealing with IPB???
> Bob

Dave at For Amusement Only has always had some good pull with IPB and seems
to get stuff real quick- check with him: www.foramusementonly.to

Steve Young's got good pull with IPB too but Dave's only 1 state away from
me so typically quicker... YMMV...

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"metallik" <lscott@dlptech.com> wrote in message
> Order it through PBR (pinball resource) - I have had no problem getting
> IPB stuff through Steve. Takes 2 or 3 weeks to show up - not too bad.
>

> rsbrownhb@verizon.net wrote:
> > Ok I now officially give up:
> > I feel compelled to share my so called "customer service"
> > I contacted Kim @ IPB on Aug 8 to order a KISS backglass. They say ok.
> > I check after 1 week to check status: they say "Oh we lost your order",
> > can you resend the fax for your order? I do. I check back in 10 min to
> > confirm they got my fax. They affirmed they got it. She tells me in a
> > few days they will contact me with shipping, paying for part, etc... I
> > wait, and wait. I never heard back from them. I call repeatedly and get
> > the busy signal. After approx. 60 calls, I finally get through. Of
> > course, the person who answers says "Kim is in a meeting, can I have
> > her call you back? (Sure she willl...) "OK" yes have her call me back.
> > Of course, I never get a return call. And every attempt since then, the
> > line is busy...
> > Now my question is: Do I need to go through a vendor, such as Pinball
> > Resource, to obtain a repro backglass? Has anyone else here had similar
> > experiences dealing with IPB???
> > Bob

No vinegar...just frustration with all the whining and flaming I read in
this forum of late -- that is the reason for the 'peg' movement.
However, I do agree it can be a PITA to deal with IPB directly sometimes
and that PBR and other sources seem to work better. My only point is
that if the IPB folks are really interested in solving the problem and
supporting all of us, then we shouldn't be constantly bashing them.

-- Carl

Carl Lizza wrote:
> No vinegar...just frustration with all the whining and flaming I read in
> this forum of late -- that is the reason for the 'peg' movement.
> However, I do agree it can be a PITA to deal with IPB directly sometimes
> and that PBR and other sources seem to work better. My only point is
> that if the IPB folks are really interested in solving the problem and
> supporting all of us, then we shouldn't be constantly bashing them.
>
> -- Carl

Well, for those of us who have delt with IPB since day one- "if the IPB
folks are really interested in solving the problem"...I have never seen
them try to solve any of these "problems".

Kirb

I'd love to know too.

I've spoken to Kim. I've emailed Kim. I've faxed Kim. I've had emails
from Kim. I've had a fax from Kim. I've even given them a means to
charge me!!!

FIVE months later and they still can't be bothered to even tell me how
much shipping will be on a handfull of Capcom parts.

I am truly amazed.

I've now given up.

Wayne on the other hand, has shipped parts from Australia in 4 working
days to England. Capcom parts no less.

Form your own opinions...

Oojemeflip

I ordered some widebody lockdown bars and they were shipped within a
few days.
Also ordered some switches and also shipped, I would say some delays
would be the distributors fault, No payment No Parts!!

Not saying this is the case here, but always 2 sides to the story...