Poor video quality

razor2890

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I purchased LG E-2260V LED Monitor about a week ago. I previously owned LG-192WS LCD monitor. It gave me crystal clear video for movies and games BUT now all movie files including HD prints of movies and football videos(8min video for 400MB) such high resolution videos appear pixelated and a lot grainy.....
I called LG Customer care.. The technician told me since it is a big screen it will appear grainy....
EVEN 1080p Videos appear as grainy as those 4.4Gigs movie compressed onto a 700MB CD....
I have already spent close to 20hrs trying to fix the problem but to no avail.
Is there any solution to the above problem.....

I am currently using the VGA display cable...will DVI-D cable work better..
How to check whether output of Graphic Card is 1080p....
The default resolution of my screen is 1920 X 1080....
Even games like FIFA 11 appear with side bars of almost 2 inches on both sides...

How to check if my LED is p or i scan??
How to check output of my card...

i'm not going to research the models...you should have provided all applicable information in this post.

i will assume that both monitors are 1080p, and that the 22 and 19 in the model numbers indicate the size.

a larger screen WILL look less sharp than a smaller screen. the effect is more "pixelated" than grainy though in this case.

a grainy appearance can also be caused by a very heavy anti glare coating (matte screen).

DVI should also look better than VGA. why are you even using VGA anyways? that technology is ancient.

your gfx card should default to your monitors native resolution. look under display properties on winxp or resolution in win7 (right click on desktop)

side bars are caused by your game not using the same resolution of your monitor. change in game settings to 1920x1080

progressive or interlaced? check your manual. most new products are all P.

check output?

--

in short.. it may be an anti glare coating.

or it could be the result of the size difference.

in either case not much you can do.

i suppose it could be a crappy low end monitor... but without knowing the details on both thats hard to judge.

TRENDING THREADS