How do I post pictures?

I need some parts for a pinball that I'm shopping and thought it would
be easier if I showed some pics of the parts that I'm looking for
instead of trying to just describe them. How do I get pictures on this
site?
Thanks

you don't. Post them somewhere else and show just the links in a
message.

richblacksm...@adelphia.net wrote:
> I need some parts for a pinball that I'm shopping and thought it would
> be easier if I showed some pics of the parts that I'm looking for
> instead of trying to just describe them. How do I get pictures on this
> site?
> Thanks

where can I post them? I don't have a website. Not trying to be
difficult, but not sure what you mean.

Thanks to everyone that responded. Didn't really know it was such a
pain. I do like Lloyd's suggestion the best and would appreciate it if
someone would host some pics. Two of the parts that I am looking for
are probably fairly easy to describe...the game that I am shopping is
Bram Stoker's Dracula. I need an outlane rollover switch ( I believe
that is what it is called. I'm not sure what the part number is or who
to order it from. I guess Marco would be a logical choice, unless
somebody has a cheaper alternative. I am trying to get a "parts to
order list" together so I don't get hammered on multiple shipping
bills. The second part I need is the round target on the center bank
of targets. Maybe I should just get the whole set, I don't know, but I
do need a part number. The last part that I need is a connector that
goes onto one of the circuit boards. That was the part that I wanted
to post a picture for and I'm not sure where to get the part from.
This connector has some melted edges on the last two connectors and I
think it took a little heat as the end is a little brown or charred and
the wires are kind of melted and frayed. I'd like to replace it. It
is the connector for the backglass lighting. Help is always
appreciated. Thanks.
Rich

<richblacksmith@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I need some parts for a pinball that I'm shopping and thought it would
> be easier if I showed some pics of the parts that I'm looking for
> instead of trying to just describe them. How do I get pictures on this
> site?
> Thanks

Sign up on Photosite for free. Upload photos, then cut and paste links in
your posts or emails...John

http://www.photosite.com/

I love this group. Unlimited help from very nice people! Thanks Lloyd!

Post here, ask for someone to host the pictures for you. I'm sure someone
will help. Then you email them the pictures, they'll post them and give you
a link to where the pictures are and then you can do a post with the picture
link.

rec games pinball isn't a binaries group, and if people start posting
pictures could get it kicked of a lot of servers. Groups that you can post
pictures to are a little different. LTG :)

> where can I post them? I don't have a website. Not trying to be
> difficult, but not sure what you mean.

Besides getting the connector you should use google to read up on how to
replace connectors.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball?hl=en&safe=off . You need a
manual to look up part numbers but you can also access that online as well
as a parts list on..
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dracula&searchtype=quick . Yes it is a
rollover switch though there are different kinds (check manual) and the
single yellow target can be purchased and replaced. It's not a bank just a
series of three in a row but would like better with all three new as the
others look kind of beat up. You will need to solder the wires on. When you
install it, check the others on how to solder the wires on etc, same for the
switch. Before you do anything on the connector make sure that the prongs it
plugs into aren't damaged, that it's just the plug. I also suggest you go
through the game thoroughly and make a list of all the parts you need so you
can do it in one order. The Pinball Resource or Bay Area Amusements are two
other resources you can order from.

GRY

>I love this group. Unlimited help from very nice people! Thanks Lloyd!

Mike

Splendid

Mark,
Who is your ISP? Do you have comcast? If you have a commercial account
with someone like comcast you have access to make your own "homepage". It
would like something like this "http://home.comcast.net/~ACCOUNTNAME"

--
Mike S.
http://www.muddeatr.com

"Mark_in_PA" <mark_in_penna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> you don't. Post them somewhere else and show just the links in a
> message.
>

> richblacksm...@adelphia.net wrote:
>> I need some parts for a pinball that I'm shopping and thought it would
>> be easier if I showed some pics of the parts that I'm looking for
>> instead of trying to just describe them. How do I get pictures on this
>> site?
>> Thanks

Mike

Splendid

Sorry Mark, that was supposed to go to Rich

--
Mike S.
http://www.muddeatr.com
"Mark_in_PA" <mark_in_penna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> you don't. Post them somewhere else and show just the links in a
> message.
>

> richblacksm...@adelphia.net wrote:
>> I need some parts for a pinball that I'm shopping and thought it would
>> be easier if I showed some pics of the parts that I'm looking for
>> instead of trying to just describe them. How do I get pictures on this
>> site?
>> Thanks

http://members.cox.net/gpe/GPE_Main.html Ed will have your connector parts.
When you replace any switches, mind what wire goes where and which way the
banded end of the diode faces. LTG :)

> Thanks to everyone that responded. Didn't really know it was such a
> pain. I do like Lloyd's suggestion the best and would appreciate it if
> someone would host some pics. Two of the parts that I am looking for
> are probably fairly easy to describe...the game that I am shopping is
> Bram Stoker's Dracula. I need an outlane rollover switch ( I believe
> that is what it is called. I'm not sure what the part number is or who
> to order it from. I guess Marco would be a logical choice, unless
> somebody has a cheaper alternative. I am trying to get a "parts to
> order list" together so I don't get hammered on multiple shipping
> bills. The second part I need is the round target on the center bank
> of targets. Maybe I should just get the whole set, I don't know, but I
> do need a part number. The last part that I need is a connector that
> goes onto one of the circuit boards. That was the part that I wanted
> to post a picture for and I'm not sure where to get the part from.
> This connector has some melted edges on the last two connectors and I
> think it took a little heat as the end is a little brown or charred and
> the wires are kind of melted and frayed. I'd like to replace it. It
> is the connector for the backglass lighting. Help is always
> appreciated. Thanks.
> Rich

If you have Adelphia cable modem service you do have access to a Web site.
Check your Adelphia start page and look for something along the lines of
"personal Web pages" (the Comcast name). You don't need to create a Web site
to upload pictures to your Adelphia personal area.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1127615954.250181.30070@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
richblacksmith@adelphia.net wrote:
>where can I post them? I don't have a website. Not trying to be
>difficult, but not sure what you mean.

Email them to me. I'll post them for you and provide you with a link.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

richblacksmith@adelphia.net wrote:
> Thanks to everyone that responded. Didn't really know it was such a
> pain. I do like Lloyd's suggestion the best and would appreciate it if
> someone would host some pics. Two of the parts that I am looking for
> are probably fairly easy to describe...the game that I am shopping is
> Bram Stoker's Dracula. I need an outlane rollover switch ( I believe
> that is what it is called. I'm not sure what the part number is or who
> to order it from. I guess Marco would be a logical choice, unless
> somebody has a cheaper alternative. I am trying to get a "parts to
> order list" together so I don't get hammered on multiple shipping
> bills. The second part I need is the round target on the center bank
> of targets. Maybe I should just get the whole set, I don't know, but I
> do need a part number. The last part that I need is a connector that
> goes onto one of the circuit boards. That was the part that I wanted
> to post a picture for and I'm not sure where to get the part from.
> This connector has some melted edges on the last two connectors and I
> think it took a little heat as the end is a little brown or charred and
> the wires are kind of melted and frayed. I'd like to replace it. It
> is the connector for the backglass lighting. Help is always
> appreciated. Thanks.
> Rich

www.flickr.com
It's free and easy to reference for others.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"