Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Poor video quality on LG E-2260V LED

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 21, 2012 3:16:46 PM

I purchased LG E-2260V LED Monitor about a week ago. I previously owned LG-192WS LCD monitor. It gave me crystal clear video for movies and games BUT now all movie files including HD prints of movies and football videos(8min video for 400MB) such high resolution videos appear pixelated and a lot grainy.....
I called LG Customer care.. The technician told me since it is a big screen it will appear grainy....
EVEN 1080p Videos appear as grainy as those 4.4Gigs movie compressed onto a 700MB CD....
I have already spent close to 20hrs trying to fix the problem but to no avail.
Is there any solution to the above problem.....

I am currently using the VGA display cable...will DVI-D cable work better..
How to check whether output of Graphic Card is 1080p....
The default resolution of my screen is 1920 X 1080....
Even games like FIFA 11 appear with side bars of almost 2 inches on both sides...

How to check if my LED is p or i scan??
How to check output of my card...
February 22, 2012 3:34:00 AM

razor2890 said:
I purchased LG E-2260V LED Monitor about a week ago. I previously owned LG-192WS LCD monitor. It gave me crystal clear video for movies and games BUT now all movie files including HD prints of movies and football videos(8min video for 400MB) such high resolution videos appear pixelated and a lot grainy.....
I called LG Customer care.. The technician told me since it is a big screen it will appear grainy....
EVEN 1080p Videos appear as grainy as those 4.4Gigs movie compressed onto a 700MB CD....
I have already spent close to 20hrs trying to fix the problem but to no avail.
Is there any solution to the above problem.....

I am currently using the VGA display cable...will DVI-D cable work better..
How to check whether output of Graphic Card is 1080p....
The default resolution of my screen is 1920 X 1080....
Even games like FIFA 11 appear with side bars of almost 2 inches on both sides...

How to check if my LED is p or i scan??
How to check output of my card...

Larger screen monitors at the same resolution will seem more pixelated but not a great deal and certainly not enough for you to be complaining about the grain effect, DVI-D is a digital signal and Vga is analog so yes it will help, the pixels could have a blurring effect if used with vga which might be what you are seeing try using a DVI-D large bars on the screen seem to mean a scaling issue without more information on your problem i dont know what else to advise

except the option that the videos you are playing aren't HD and are in fact low quality because that will most certainly show up grainy or pixelated when viewed in full screen because lower pixel count(e.g. videos not HD) being scretched out to fill a larger screen
m
l
February 22, 2012 7:43:14 AM

alvarg said:
Larger screen monitors at the same resolution will seem more pixelated but not a great deal and certainly not enough for you to be complaining about the grain effect, DVI-D is a digital signal and Vga is analog so yes it will help, the pixels could have a blurring effect if used with vga which might be what you are seeing try using a DVI-D large bars on the screen seem to mean a scaling issue without more information on your problem i dont know what else to advise

except the option that the videos you are playing aren't HD and are in fact low quality because that will most certainly show up grainy or pixelated when viewed in full screen because lower pixel count(e.g. videos not HD) being scretched out to fill a larger screen

As I hv said above even HD and BLURAY prints of 1080p also look grainy and pixelated
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2012 8:32:29 AM

razor2890 said:
As I hv said above even HD and BLURAY prints of 1080p also look grainy and pixelated

well like i said it could be caused by vga because vga isn't very good at displaying hd it wasn't made for hd,

it could also be a defect in the monitor it could be your graphics card is on its way out, it could be a compatabillity issue with the monitor and his graphics card unlikely but it is still possible because like you said

your previous monitor was fine and this 1 is just bigger as far as i know.
it could be that his computer is forcing 1920x1080 while your graphics card is trying to display a lower resolution which is possible if using ati or nvidia control panel

i would like to know what graphics card you have i would expect it to be decent if your trying to use hd, but realistically I need more details about your computer before trying to fix the problem
m
l

Best solution

February 22, 2012 8:39:39 AM

i would also like to you to know that i looked up the lg e2260v on http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/lg-flatron-e22...
it is score was very very terrible

the colours are way off, the response time is terrible, the contrast ratio is far below average for monitors even the products used to make the monitor fall short. if i was you dude i would just send the monitor back and buy a better one, there are some good lg ones,

what ever takes your fancy but be sure to do your research on the monitor because the specifications that monitors come will are all bogus they are more often then not completely inaccurate

try looking on digitalversus about the monitors to see there review of the product if its there, before purchasing. a quote from digitalversus about this monitor

"If you want to enjoy SD or 720p video, then you best leave upscaling to an external source like a DVD player or games console. The E2260V is no better at this job than anything other monitor.
We do however one tip to reduce the amount of flickering: if you switch to sRGB mode and turn the brightness down to minimum, it's much less visible".
February 22, 2012 3:04:28 PM

-Brand: LG
-Model: E-2260V
-Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT XFX
-Screen Size: 21.5
-Maximum Resolution: 1900 X 1080
-Contrast Ratio: 5000000:1
-Brightness: 250 nit
-Response Time: 5ms
-Connectors: DVI-D , D-SUB, HDMI
m
l