TECH: Gottlieb System 80B reset/lockup problem

I have a Gottlieb Monte Carlo I am trying to get running. After 10-15
seconds of play the machine would lock up, reset, or just generally go nuts.

I have already:

- Checked the voltage at C1 on the CPU - it's good

- Replaced the 500 OHM trim pot on the power supply. The voltage is good - 5
volts.

- Checked the connectors on the power supply. I did not replace them, but
they appear to be OK.

- Checked the ground wires on the transformer in the cabinet and made
certain that they were all connected

After the above efforts, I'm getting 5 volts nice and steady on the MPU. GI
comes on. The score display, sounds, game, etc. is totally out.

The red LED is always on on the sound board. If I disconnect the logic
board, the solenoid fires a ball into the shooter lane, but there is no
sound FX, score, gameplay etc.

If I disconnect the sound board, there is no change in the game.

This is one of my all-time favorite games (I love what I love), so I'd love
to get it going. Any ideas as to what to do next is greatly appreciated!

Steve

Have you replaced the main filter cap in the bottom of the cabinet?
Try measuring the -AC- votlage across that capacitor.

-- Ed

"Action Man" <biroschik2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a Gottlieb Monte Carlo I am trying to get running. After 10-15
>seconds of play the machine would lock up, reset, or just generally go
>nuts.
>

> I have already:
>
> - Checked the voltage at C1 on the CPU - it's good
>
> - Replaced the 500 OHM trim pot on the power supply. The voltage is good -
> 5 volts.
>
> - Checked the connectors on the power supply. I did not replace them, but
> they appear to be OK.
>
> - Checked the ground wires on the transformer in the cabinet and made
> certain that they were all connected
>
> After the above efforts, I'm getting 5 volts nice and steady on the MPU.
> GI comes on. The score display, sounds, game, etc. is totally out.
>
> The red LED is always on on the sound board. If I disconnect the logic
> board, the solenoid fires a ball into the shooter lane, but there is no
> sound FX, score, gameplay etc.
>
> If I disconnect the sound board, there is no change in the game.
>
> This is one of my all-time favorite games (I love what I love), so I'd
> love to get it going. Any ideas as to what to do next is greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Steve

MARJORIE

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I agree with Tanya, you will get more results in aircraft because more people who play fs will be here, not software. As for your loading problem, it might be one of your downloads causing the problem. Sometimes a download can screw things up in a game when you least suspect it.

Dating Advice