Sign in with
Your question

Help with Windows 7 install to RAID 0

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:19:06 PM

So I already got my raid set up and all, went to bios, enabled raid, selected the ones I want ( two 120gb ssd intel 520 series ) and when at the screen to install windows they dot show up, I put in my motherboard cd to install the raid drivers and find and install them but right after that I get this error... "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable windows installation"... What do I do to fix this??? All help is appreciate guys! If it helps my motherboard model Is in my signature..

More about : windows install raid

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:33:07 PM

Go look at the MB manufacturer's site for newer raid drivers.
m
l
December 27, 2012 3:59:43 PM

Just tryed it, same error, I think it might be my copy of windows. It's windows 7 home premium from 2009, would I need to buy a new copy?
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 3:16:47 AM

So i dont think it works with 64 bit os, i just did it with a 32 bit, but you only get 4gb of ram usage.. i have 16 haha so thats not gona work.... any one know how to get it to work on a 64 bit OS?
m
l
December 28, 2012 3:27:02 AM

I've had this happen recently on several installs of Win7. In one case, what it really wanted was the mobos USB 3 drivers (this one was by far the most frustrating and baffling, and yes, also in this case, installing to 2 SSDs in RAID 0). Another, Intel RST drivers. Have also had cases with RAID configs where I needed to use third party software to set up partition info / format for Win7 to see it correctly for the install and not ask for drivers.

Hope that helps.
m
l
!