Windows 7 no sound?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I just updated all my SOUND BLASTER x-fi platinum fatal1ty drivers and i am still getting no sound on windows 7. Is there something else i need to download since this is an RC.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
i had something like that accept only 2 front speakers would play and surround sound wouldint work. I couldint install drivers on it because it said no supported product was found. I tried my onboard realtek audio and that works fine. So maybe you can try another sound card or you onboard to see if that works. also check device manager if it sees your card. and if you have any other audio cards installed you might want to go to device manager and disable them.

Creative has been notorious for poor driver support as of late. I've heard they're improving, but I refuse to drop $100 + for a sound card that may or may not work flawlessly for me when my onboard sound does.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
yes but i have tried the creative drivers for windows 7 and it did not help. win 7 beta wont eeven see my card it shows in device manager but when i go to update and install the drivers it says no supported product found, wow :( eh decided to just use my onboard sound works fine for now.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006

yeah that is odd I have 2 different Audigy cards on 2 different systems (one AMD and one Intel, AMD one is a Compaq and the Intel is a home built system) they both work pretty well, the AMD based system has an Audigy 1, the Intel system is an Audigy 2 Fatal1ty edition.

I do have to say I liked them better under XP but I blame that on Creative being lazy with the drivers more then anything else.

But since your card is not even showing up in the device manager I believe you have deeper issues with your install or your sound card died ? (maybe disable your on board sound in the BIOS ?)

Thats a perplexing issue to be sure.

chipottley

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I'm having the same problem with my Sound Blaster 16 PCI Digital Sound card Model CT4730. Win 7 won't recognize it and I can't find a driver for it. any suggestions?

machi

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

machi

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Same here worked on xp but not win 7 tried onboard and a sound blaster live card ,got new drivers for win 7 and still no sound ...

G

Can you tell me how to use the onboard sound, I cant get my soundblaster to work in W7 either

Status
Not open for further replies.