Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard typing wrong letters??

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:45:18 PM

wen typing in a webste such www. all different letters pop up but not the ones that I want
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 3:47:17 PM

virus or faulty keyboard
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2012 3:51:54 PM

could be 3 things. 1) keyboard language was changed 2)someone is pulling your leg with a patch/virus 3) your eye and hand coordination is off due to stroke or other brain damage side effects
m
l
December 28, 2012 5:58:07 PM

Any of the points mentioned in the preceding posts might cause this, and related to maxinexus's first point...is this possibly a Gateway PC, as they used to have this wonderful ANY KEY 'feature' available for configuring their keyboards, which I once had to research how to disable as it caused exactly the behavior you mention when users accidentally enabled it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 10:34:16 PM

Or you have a azerty keyboard instead of a qwerty keyboard.
m
l
May 4, 2013 1:57:13 PM

kknisley said:
wen typing in a webste such www. all different letters pop up but not the ones that I want

BLUE KEYS ARE TURNED ON and OFF by pressing fn+numlk at the top right of the keyboard.
m
l
June 6, 2013 1:17:48 PM

kknisley said:

Go to Control Panel/Region and Language/Change Keyboards/Advanced Key Settings
I found a default Hot Key to change between input languages (Left Alt/Shift). It cured my problem immediately, then I cancelled all of the actons.

Good Luck

Zhenya
m
l
!