Keyboard typing wrong letters??

wen typing in a webste such www. all different letters pop up but not the ones that I want
7 answers Last reply
More about keyboard typing wrong letters
  1. virus or faulty keyboard
  2. could be 3 things. 1) keyboard language was changed 2)someone is pulling your leg with a patch/virus 3) your eye and hand coordination is off due to stroke or other brain damage side effects
  3. Any of the points mentioned in the preceding posts might cause this, and related to maxinexus's first point...is this possibly a Gateway PC, as they used to have this wonderful ANY KEY 'feature' available for configuring their keyboards, which I once had to research how to disable as it caused exactly the behavior you mention when users accidentally enabled it.
  4. Or you have a azerty keyboard instead of a qwerty keyboard.
  5. kknisley said:
    wen typing in a webste such www. all different letters pop up but not the ones that I want

BLUE KEYS ARE TURNED ON and OFF by pressing fn+numlk at the top right of the keyboard.
  6. kknisley said:

Go to Control Panel/Region and Language/Change Keyboards/Advanced Key Settings
    I found a default Hot Key to change between input languages (Left Alt/Shift). It cured my problem immediately, then I cancelled all of the actons.

Good Luck

Zhenya
Ask a new question

Read More

Keyboards Windows 7