My HDD shows different capacity when looked at by the Computer view and the Disk

sreed53

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I recently cloned my 500Gb HDD to a 750 Gb drive. When I nstalled the clone it shows a capacity of 443Gb in the computer view and 687Gb in the Data Mgt view. I'm aware of the reasons for the missing 63 Gb but What I'm confused about is the missing 240 Gb between the 2 views. The clone software mfg tells me the that the Data Mgt view is correct and the clone process was successful Duh! But what is the reason for the difference?? any clues??

sreed53

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Regarding the first 2 responses: Did I tell it to use ALL available dataspace? No, there are 2 additional partitions on the drive accounting for @ 63 Gb. I did however have the clone process fill all remaining space on the drive with the exception of the 2 additional partitions. I'm looking at a difference which occurs only between 2 views. The Data Management view is correct and the Computer view which is the more normal is off low by 240Gb. I did fill the drive but the My Computer result is in error.