MN-500 Problem with coordless 24Ghz phones

Last response: in Networking
October 7, 2004 12:46:01 AM

Both the MN-500 base station and 2.4Ghz phones operate on
the same frequency. Incoming calls often disrupt the
wireless workstation connections. Changing the channel on
my base station does not help and coordless phones
automatically hop or search for the best
channel/reception.

Are there any fixes other than switching out my coordless
phone system?
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 1:15:15 AM

No, there isn't any way. As you say, they're on the same frequency.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Kobe Did It" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Both the MN-500 base station and 2.4Ghz phones operate on
> the same frequency. Incoming calls often disrupt the
> wireless workstation connections. Changing the channel on
> my base station does not help and coordless phones
> automatically hop or search for the best
> channel/reception.
>
> Are there any fixes other than switching out my coordless
> phone system?
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 6:21:45 PM

Thanks guys...this helps to understand the problem even
if the resolution is a hardware change..........

wrote in message
>> Both the MN-500 base station and 2.4Ghz phones operate
on
>> the same frequency. Incoming calls often disrupt the
>> wireless workstation connections. Changing the channel
on
>> my base station does not help and coordless phones
>> automatically hop or search for the best
>> channel/reception.
>>
>> Are there any fixes other than switching out my
coordless
>> phone system?
>

>.

October 8, 2004 8:20:13 PM

Remember if you opt for a 5.8 Ghz phone system make sure it doesn't use
the 2.4 Ghz frequency. Many of the 5.8 Ghz phones do that. So be
careful & check before you buy one.

Kobe did it wrote:
> Thanks guys...this helps to understand the problem even
> if the resolution is a hardware change..........

assistance.

time.
!