Raid driver for Acer Aspire 5520

walkerman1

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hi I am trying ti install win 7 on a fresh hard drive and get error “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.” I think it is looking for a driver for the CD/DVD. I have tried changing to IDE compatibility and that has not worked. I have checked the manufacturers site for a driver and there is not one, have also been gooling it for days and no luck Can anyone point me to a driver or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ian

walkerman1

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I am using a Windows recovery disc that I bought on e-bay as the owner of the PC does not have a recovery disc, Win 7 disc or an image. The harddrive completely failed and cannot be read. It is my nieces PC and I am trying to save her some money. Thanks for the reply.

walkerman1

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Understood. I was trying to save my neice some money so I bought a Win 7 recovery CD thinking that I could use it in the future. Just have to get around this issue and I should be good to go.

walkerman1

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
F<12> a no go. Don't have a windows install CD, unfortunately, it would make my life easier as i do have the license code on the laptop. Trying to find a driver for a HL DS gt32n and i think i will be good. I already have all the other possible drivers downloaded from Acer. Thanks for your help! If you know where I can get the DVD driver that would be great.

skuds

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009

This model came with Vista which is why there is no Win7 drivers so only possible to put Vista back on.

skuds

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Your quickest and cheapest way around this is to buy a OEM Vista 64 disc of Ebay then go to the Acer site (support) and download the Vista 64 driver pack and then you can do a complete reinstall of windows Vista as this model is a XP or Vista only model,
Sorry cannot see any other way around.

skuds

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I don't think so as Acer do not have the drivers for this model laptop so only XP or Vista will work, that's why you are having trouble installing windows 7 without win7 drivers the software cannot recognise the laptop and the hardware your putting it on.