Sign in with
Your question

Raid driver for Acer Aspire 5520

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2012 5:48:07 PM

Hi I am trying ti install win 7 on a fresh hard drive and get error “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.” I think it is looking for a driver for the CD/DVD. I have tried changing to IDE compatibility and that has not worked. I have checked the manufacturers site for a driver and there is not one, have also been gooling it for days and no luck Can anyone point me to a driver or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ian
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 5:53:31 PM

Hi, If you've burned your Windows copy, try doing it again at a lower speed. It might be a disk issue.
m
l
December 27, 2012 5:57:33 PM

I am using a Windows recovery disc that I bought on e-bay as the owner of the PC does not have a recovery disc, Win 7 disc or an image. The harddrive completely failed and cannot be read. It is my nieces PC and I am trying to save her some money. Thanks for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2012 7:08:01 PM

Original HD fried. working with rfesh new HD. Theres no data on it.
m
l
December 27, 2012 7:10:01 PM

I have puuled the DVD drive from the unit. Its an HL Data storage GT32n. Having issues finding a driver for it.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 7:11:41 PM

The obvious question here is: Is this "recovery" disc you bought on e-bay (should have gone to the manufacturer) intended for your specific hardware? If not then it won't contain the correct drivers.
m
l
December 27, 2012 7:15:20 PM

Understood. I was trying to save my neice some money so I bought a Win 7 recovery CD thinking that I could use it in the future. Just have to get around this issue and I should be good to go.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 7:18:02 PM

It depends on what's on that recovery DVD. Do you have a Windows install DVD ?
here's a similar post. see if the F12 trick in BIOS does work: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/243980-14-acer-lapt...
"i enabled boot menu from bios to activate <F12>. <Alt> +<F10> still don't work and don't know why.
so use <F12> instead, then select boot from cd and put the recovery cd in. work perfectly"
m
l
December 27, 2012 7:49:07 PM

F<12> a no go. Don't have a windows install CD, unfortunately, it would make my life easier as i do have the license code on the laptop. Trying to find a driver for a HL DS gt32n and i think i will be good. I already have all the other possible drivers downloaded from Acer. Thanks for your help! If you know where I can get the DVD driver that would be great.
m
l
December 27, 2012 7:59:48 PM

walkerman1 said:
Hi I am trying ti install win 7 on a fresh hard drive and get error “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.” I think it is looking for a driver for the CD/DVD. I have tried changing to IDE compatibility and that has not worked. I have checked the manufacturers site for a driver and there is not one, have also been gooling it for days and no luck Can anyone point me to a driver or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ian

This model came with Vista which is why there is no Win7 drivers so only possible to put Vista back on.
m
l
December 27, 2012 8:03:47 PM

Laptop does have a Win 7 Home Premium OE license sticker on the bottom.
m
l
December 27, 2012 8:16:01 PM

Your quickest and cheapest way around this is to buy a OEM Vista 64 disc of Ebay then go to the Acer site (support) and download the Vista 64 driver pack and then you can do a complete reinstall of windows Vista as this model is a XP or Vista only model,
Sorry cannot see any other way around.
m
l
December 27, 2012 8:19:48 PM

Do you think it would work if i installed XP and then did an upgrade to 7? I do have an xp disc.
m
l
December 27, 2012 9:16:17 PM

I don't think so as Acer do not have the drivers for this model laptop so only XP or Vista will work, that's why you are having trouble installing windows 7 without win7 drivers the software cannot recognise the laptop and the hardware your putting it on.
m
l
January 7, 2013 10:48:53 PM

Thanks all. I got hold of a Win7 disc and all is good.
m
l
!