Raid driver for Acer Aspire 5520

Hi I am trying ti install win 7 on a fresh hard drive and get error “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.” I think it is looking for a driver for the CD/DVD. I have tried changing to IDE compatibility and that has not worked. I have checked the manufacturers site for a driver and there is not one, have also been gooling it for days and no luck Can anyone point me to a driver or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ian
15 answers Last reply
More about raid driver acer aspire 5520
  1. Hi, If you've burned your Windows copy, try doing it again at a lower speed. It might be a disk issue.
  2. I am using a Windows recovery disc that I bought on e-bay as the owner of the PC does not have a recovery disc, Win 7 disc or an image. The harddrive completely failed and cannot be read. It is my nieces PC and I am trying to save her some money. Thanks for the reply.
  3. Original HD fried. working with rfesh new HD. Theres no data on it.
  4. I have puuled the DVD drive from the unit. Its an HL Data storage GT32n. Having issues finding a driver for it.
  5. The obvious question here is: Is this "recovery" disc you bought on e-bay (should have gone to the manufacturer) intended for your specific hardware? If not then it won't contain the correct drivers.
  6. Understood. I was trying to save my neice some money so I bought a Win 7 recovery CD thinking that I could use it in the future. Just have to get around this issue and I should be good to go.
  7. It depends on what's on that recovery DVD. Do you have a Windows install DVD ?
    here's a similar post. see if the F12 trick in BIOS does work: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/243980-14-acer-laptop-recovery-help
    "i enabled boot menu from bios to activate <F12>. <Alt> +<F10> still don't work and don't know why.
    so use <F12> instead, then select boot from cd and put the recovery cd in. work perfectly"
  8. F<12> a no go. Don't have a windows install CD, unfortunately, it would make my life easier as i do have the license code on the laptop. Trying to find a driver for a HL DS gt32n and i think i will be good. I already have all the other possible drivers downloaded from Acer. Thanks for your help! If you know where I can get the DVD driver that would be great.
  9. walkerman1 said:
    Hi I am trying ti install win 7 on a fresh hard drive and get error “No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.” I think it is looking for a driver for the CD/DVD. I have tried changing to IDE compatibility and that has not worked. I have checked the manufacturers site for a driver and there is not one, have also been gooling it for days and no luck Can anyone point me to a driver or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ian

This model came with Vista which is why there is no Win7 drivers so only possible to put Vista back on.
  10. Laptop does have a Win 7 Home Premium OE license sticker on the bottom.
  11. Your quickest and cheapest way around this is to buy a OEM Vista 64 disc of Ebay then go to the Acer site (support) and download the Vista 64 driver pack and then you can do a complete reinstall of windows Vista as this model is a XP or Vista only model,
    Sorry cannot see any other way around.
  12. Do you think it would work if i installed XP and then did an upgrade to 7? I do have an xp disc.
  13. I don't think so as Acer do not have the drivers for this model laptop so only XP or Vista will work, that's why you are having trouble installing windows 7 without win7 drivers the software cannot recognise the laptop and the hardware your putting it on.
  14. Thanks all. I got hold of a Win7 disc and all is good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers NAS / RAID Windows 7