HELP, HELP, whats going on with my PC??

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
okay im having some major issues with my computer and im not really sure what is the problem, so i have come to ask for the knowledge of those who know alot more about these things then me, lol. Okay heres the thing. Ill explain when the problem started and stuff that started before it , just in case this helps any. Im not sure if it will have anything to do with the problem but just in case it might ill tell you about it. here are my system specs, and stuff i used to test the pc to start out with.

1.athlon 64 3000 socket 754
2.gigabyte GA-Kans k8 triton socket 754
3.corsair extreme 512mb pc3200 ram(currently in system)
4.crusial value ram 512mb pc3200(not in at moment)
5.pny pc2700 256 ram(not in at moment, used to test)
6.radeon 9800 pro, 256 bit, 128 mb
7.maxtor 40 gig IDE hardrive 7200 rpm, not sure what the cache is
8.maxtor 80 gig IDE hardrive 7200 rpm, not sure what cache is
9.thermaltake 480 watt power supply(had one of the best rating on newegg)
10. Win XP

OKay, heres the story. About a month and a half ago my fan went out on my video card, (not sure how long it was out before my family let me know about the bios warnings sounds going off, says they turned the computer right off when it did it),. Now before that incendent i had all you see in my specs running at in my computer (except for the pny 256 mb ram stick) including the corsair extreme ram running together with the normal crusial ram. I had to turn something on in my bios called 2T timming for the ram to work together cause of diff timings and had to change the ram timmings a bit. but my computer ran great had np, the sticks worked together , no crashes. I had the 2 sticks in so i could play an ONline game. anyway there was np with the system, no lockups or nothing the 2 sticks worked great. Well after the fan went out and i got the computer back up and running problems started to arise, now i still had the 2 sticks of memory in my computer, same as before, so keep in mind. My computer started to all of a sudden have random frezzes, no sounds , coudnt move mouse, nothing, and the only way i could get it to work again was to hit the reset button. It didnt happen that much at first, only when playing games or running any programs. Well after time the frezzes started to get worst. At first i thought it might be a video card problem, cause while i waited for my radeon 9800 pro to get back from ATI repair service i installed an older one i had lying around so i purchased a radeon 9550 to use as a back up, but after getting the new card, and completely erasing the drivers and everything,, making sure that nothing of the old card was left, I installed the radeon 9550 card. Well the problem didnt go away, and the problem started to get worse, even once i got my radeon 9800 pro back the problem still occured. THe computer would frezze up when i tried to run a program, play a game and even started to frezze when i just did internet browsing, and even started to freeze right when i tried to log onto my screen name and eventually wouldnt start, and when i tried to start it, it led me straight to the blue screen of death, and was unable to log onto widow. Some message poped up on the blue screen and said something about "unmountalble_boot_volume" or something along that line, sorry dindt knokw at the time how important it was to right it all down. So, i thought that reformatting the hardrive and starting from scratch might help it, well i reformatted it and turned it on, installed everything back. but the problem still excisted. eventually i brought it over to a friends house and he helped me test it out, so his first idea was maybe because of the diff 2 sticks of ram, but remeber these sticks worked fine together before. Well after i took out one of the sticks, didnt matter which one, just anyone and left only one stick in, it stoped doing it. I began to think maybe i didnt turn something on right in my bios to enable the 2 sticks to work together again, so i checked the ram timings in bios, made sure i had tthat 2T timmings thing on then put the 2 sticks back in, and turned it on. Well even after everything was set right on bios it started to go through its frezzing thing again. the computer just wouldnt work with both sticks, and led back to the blue screen of death again. I started to think that maybe something went bad on the memory when the fan went out causeing some problem, so i just left one stick in for the time beeing...Well i thought after that everything would be fine, just need to get another stick of ram, well i was wrong. even with one stick im computer still showed problems like, taking forever for stuff to load when i clicked on them , i would click and 5-8 seconds later it would come up, stuff like when i clicked on my name to login on my screen name it usally plays that music , tahat it plays for WIDOW Xp when you login, but it would finally play it 5 seconds later, not right when i logged in on my screen name, i was still getting minor frezzes when i played games, trying to install a program, but not a dead freeze as with 2 sticks, and eventually it would unfrezze. everthing from my cable internet connection not working, to game play, had minor problems of the big problem, things that i didnt have prior to the video card problem. So i started to put my system throught the testing, to see if i could figure out the problem.
First thing i did was test both sticks of ram, using memtest86 . i tested both sticks by thereself and left the test running for over 10 hours, they both came up clean, no errors. I made sure nothing was over heating in my computer, cpu, video card, ram all temps were fine. THen i made sure everythign was connected good, and it was, and checked my bios to the core. i then decided to by a 256mb stick of pc2700 ram , to combine it with the crusial to see what would happen, well when i put both sticks in it started to do it , as usuall, it just didnt want to work at all with 2 sticks in, and barelly worked with one stick in, didnt matter which one. So i decided to put both sticks in and turned the computer one, over and over untill it freezed again, and i got the blue screen of death . Well after doing it a bit, i eventually got the blue screen, and i got 2 diff messages blue screens of death , with 2 diff messages after letting the computer crash couple of times. Here is what came up on the 2 diff erro massages that were displayed on the screen.

1st one:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

technical information

stop: 0x00000050 (0xC0BE145F, 0x00000001, 0xF73BFF94, 0x00000002

ntfs.sys- address F73BFF94 base at F73BB000, datestamp 3b7dc5do

2nd one:

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit htt\\www.hardware-update.com for an updated bios. if you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup . TO do this press F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers . HADAA, HADAA.

WHy is my computer crashing so bad with 2 sticks of ram in, but will work okay, with minor problems with just one stick, were before it worked great with both sticks in. What is ACPI, my bios was current when i got it, and worked great before. Is my hardrive bad , or something thats why it says, things about ntfs.sys, and pressing F7 before installing storage drives. The only thing i havnt tried is to replace my current hardrive with another one to test it out. I have one but , it has widows ME in it, and when i put it in, my computer wont detect it, and during boot up it says Hardrives: NONE . IM afraid to erase it cause i dont want to loose the widows operating system on it, the computer is for my sister, and was given to use, without the wjndows disk. Should i be able to just put another hardrive in and turn it on, and should it start up?? what is the deal with the blue screen erros. ANy ideas you guys have would very helpfull, sorry for the long message , but i wanted to get anything on it that might help you guys out. So what do you think, what should i do next in testing it, or helping to solve the problem . I hope you guys can help me get my computer running good again.

endyen

Splendid
I am not familiar with your board, but I will make a few suggestions. You seem to be having a problem with memory.
First, make sure you use the ram slots closest to the cpu.
You need to add a little more voltage to the ram, to make it a little more stable. To do this, go into your bios, and click the line that says "frequency/voltage control". Next click the bottom item on the page, that says "DDR voltage control". Now click the line that says "+0.2V".
Try that, and let us know if it worked.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
well, before the computer worked fine with just the normal setttings on the voltage. I never had to up the voltage at all. I still have the same hardware running in my computer as i did before my video card went out. I wondered about the memory, but after seeing the error reports on the blue screen of death mention about my storage devices, i started to think there lied the problem. Im kind of afraid to mess with the voltage cause i dont want to mess stuff up. My first to slots were the ones with the memory sticks in it, and why would i have to up the voltage now, when, like before, it worked fine without messing with any of those adjustments. I will try increasing them a bit, but why would all of a sudden would i need to do that now?? Keep in mind it worked fine before the whole video card fan issue.

Try memtest, a free download to check your sticks one at a time. You can also check your hardrives with the powermax program, another free download from maxtor. It runs as a bootdisk on a floppy.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
yeah, memtest was the program i used to test my memory. I tested each stick of memory one at a time to, and they both came up skweeky clean, no errors, no nothing. I didnt know about the maxtor testing program, thanks for the info ill download it and give it a go, in the mean time any more ideas would be helpfull. IM going to send the error reports from the blue screen of death to my motherboard manufactuers website.

radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
One thing about the erroe messages, go to microsofts site and somewhere in there you can enter your codes in and some tips come up. Can't remember exactly how you get there but its there somewhere. The first error messages looks like its displaying memory addresses which would most likely indicate bad memory and possibly a hard drive fault. I know spinright is suppose to be a great program to determine hard drive failure(however it is expensive). I had a similar problem with 2 crucial 512 mb sticks, and they were both tested and cameback clean, but i found later that one was bad. And uppon replacing it the system was brutally slow with the other 512 in there. The thing with software testing is that they won't find physical damage, so its possible that there is a circuit hooped. But it seems like a strange coincidence that both would be bad. You had mentioned that all the temps were fine, so they shouldn't be over heating. Something that often gets over looked in problems is the power supply, if its not providing good stable voltage it can screw things big time. I'm not sure if your mobo has any kind of voltage monitoring, but if it does check to see if the +12, +5 and 3.3 rails are within spec (about +/- 5%). About the only other thing i could of telling you rigth now is to try all the different combinations of ram you can, ie but them in all the different slots. Not that this will help you much but good luck and let us know if you get things figured out and what the problem is.

endyen

Splendid
error reports on the blue screen of death mention about my storage devices,
System files often go through the memory. if the memory screws it up, windows still blames it on the hdd.
By going to an on die memory controller, Amd has halved system latencies. This does have a cost. The on die memory controller is a lot pickier than one on the north bridge. It is also more likely to be adversely affected by things like graphics card overheats.
I always bump the voltage to the memory, because it is more stable. I usually only go to 2.8v, though I do know people who use 3.5v and higher. it has become more important with the A64s as any loss on the mem bus is a big problem.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
newdude, I really have to tell you first that I didn't read the body of your super-long post! Now, the problems listed are normally RAM problems, but it looks like you're already figuring that out. Both the problems you've listed generally have occured for me when I've overstressed RAM.

One stick might not be good enough to work with both in place, the more modules you use the more likely you are to have instability! Other causes for RAM issues are mostly voltage related, and can be caused by an unstable power supply OR instability in the board's voltage. Instability in the board's voltage is usually caused by bad capacitors, SO...the first thing I'd do (since it's free) is thoroughly check the capacitors for any visible signs of leaking or swollen tops. BTW, sometimes the tops leak too, you might see a brown spot indicating it's bad.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
well im still pretty new to the computer world so im not sure about checking the capasitor thing, what would i be looking for excactly. I also bought a stick of pc2700 256 mb ram to throw in the system, to try whith each stick, first with the corsair then, with the crusial. BOth times came up with the frezzing problem. the only thing i havnt actually tried to to get another stick and to put it in with the other stick of 256mb i bought and see how it goes. IM going to run the maxtor hardrive program to check my hardrive for erros. But im not sure how it would be over stressed , unless cuase they wre running together. Like i said i had them running together just fine before the whole video card thing, just had to lower the ram timmings and enable something on my bios called 2T timmings. I will try uppping the volts and see how it goes. thanks for all the tips guys ill give it a go.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
newdude, either start taking people's advice or take your PC to a pro. You toss off a good suggestion from endyen because you're afraid to change your mem voltage, even though what he told you to do should still leave your memory under warranty, as most are warrented up to 2.8v. Then you toss off another good suggestion from Crashman to check the capacitors on your motherboard because even though he told you what to look for, you pretend that he didn't tell you exactly what to look for because, again, you're afraid of screwing up.

If you're afraid of damaging your PC, that's fine. It's a perfectly normal response from someone without experience. But if you're not going to take the advice of people who know what they're talking about because of your fear, then you might as well just take your PC to a shop where someone who isn't afraid can do what needs to be done to fix it. Otherwise you're just going to continue to have a faulty PC while you annoy everyone here. Either admit to yourself that you don't have the balls to risk it (so take it to an expert already), or swallow your fears and act on our advice.

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ :evil:
<i>The <font color=red><b>Devil</b></font color=red> is in the details.</i>
@ 198K of 200K!

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
yeah i know i shouldnt be afraid to give it a go, and im going to try all these suggestions out, im NOT really afraid. I want to solve this problem without the use of professionals because i want to fix this problem, fix it and learn something new that i didtn know before, and i trust crashsman advice cause hes been on these forums for ever and he knows what he talking about, you must understand my personality, before i never had to increase the voltage, so if im giong to now, i want to know why i have to. I like to know the reason behind what im doing, in other words why would i need to increase the voltage now, when i didnt before.. Just wasnt sure really what the capsitor thing was. Im going to up the voltage on the sticks, and see what happens, im also going to bring the sticks of ram over to a friends house and see how it does in his computer. One other thing i should probally mention is that on the first 2 slots of the mobo that hold memory, the latches you push down to hold the memory in place dont work as good as they used to, the switches like to pop up out of place when im trying to put the memory in . when im trying to put memory in the first two slots I have to push them back down all the time and in, while im trying to stick the memory in the slots. SOmetimes it takes a couple of times to keep the memory in there. COULd it also be possible that the latches arnt keeping the memory down in place good enough?? but if that was the problem and they werent in there good enough wouldnt it not work at all??? Is it okay to keep force on the sticks of memory with my finger , either wearing gloves or something then restart the computer and see if it works that way. Im gratefull for the advice im getting and im sorry if it sounded like im not going to use these idea, cause im am. Today im giong to run that maxtor HD program. NOw back to the possiblity of it being my powersupply. im using a thermaltake 480 watt supply. I think it had the best ratting on newegg. How would i test it out to see if its the powersupply?? would i just need to connect a new one to the Mobo main power connector near my cpu, that powers the whole thing, and leave all the other connectors on the hardrives and visa versa. Im hoping that bringing the memory over to my friends house tomorrow and putting them in his computer will give me more close to solving the problem, thanks guys for you help and hopefully , with your continued help ill learn something that i didnt know before.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
okay if i have over stressed one stick of ram, then would be replacing them be the only thing to do. I tried both sticks seperate with a new stick i bought to see if one of them might be bad, but i got the frezze routine after trying the new stick of ram with both sticks , so they might both be bad then correct? If they both turn out to be bad then i need to stick with using ram of the same typer right? I didnt know that is would important to buy ram that were same brand and so forth, untill after i did it unfortunatly. Now im still new to this , so i dont know what capasitors are. I really dont, LOL, so i wouldnt know what i would be looking at, i wouldnt know what to look for to find this leaking or swallon tops, and the brown spot you mentioned, could you please explain a little more on that please. one other thing that i forgot to say is that i didnt overclock anything in this setup, so everything has been used for normal use recomended by the product, well, except for that whole use same ram brand together, lol.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's unlikely that both modules went bad. It's more likely that either your power supply is failing or out of spec, or that your motherboard is failing due to bad capacitors. Alas, it's more likely you're having a power issue.

You can find pictures of bad capacitors at <A HREF="http://www.badcaps.net./Images/caps/ka7/ka7_0149.jpg" target="_new">http://www.badcaps.net./Images/caps/ka7/ka7_0149.jpg</A> Capacitors don't always LOOK bad when they fail, but they usually do.

If the capacitors look fine, I'd try raising vDIMM and start keeping track of your line voltages.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
okay crash thanks for the pics, would you mind circling if you can what im supposed to be looking at, lol. THank you for the pic, ill check them out to. when it comes to checking my powersupply which part of my power connection would i have to disconnect and attach a new one, the main power supply that is attached to my mobo , right.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Those metalic canisters all have poked out tops. They're supposed to be flat. They also leak brown stuff sometimes.

endyen

Splendid
Try running <A HREF="http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp" target="_new">this</A> A trustworthy member here, had this memory test fail, while memtest86 showed good. The Amd tech support told him that was a clear sign of a failing chip. He rmaed it no problem.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
You should edit your posts to make them more legible, please chisel those huge text monoliths into paragraphs. Helping you will be a lot more easyer that way.

In this current state it is almost impossible to troubleshoot anything, you mention multiple problems and issues but the dense block of text and bad punctuation make it easy to miss important facts.

Download and run <A HREF="http://www.cpuid.org/download/cpu-z-130.zip" target="_new">CPU-Z</A>

Go to the "About" tab, click on the "Registers Dump (.txt)" under the "Tools" section, save it to your desktop.

Open that cpuz.txt file, cut and paste the content from the beginning to the "Monitoring" section and post it here.

I'm interested to see if your motherboard is running your memory modules within specifications.

Watercooled Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2.6GHz (200MHz x 13)
Abit NF7-S V2.0
2x 512MB of Samsung TCC4
Sapphire Radeon 9700 128MB @ 360/310
2x Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM RAID-0

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
The CPU-Z registers dump should look something like that :

----------------------
CPU-Z version 1.30
----------------------

CPUID Output
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of CPUs 1
Name AMD Athlon XP-M
Code name Barton
Specification AMD Athlon XP-M
Family/Model/Stepping 6A0
Extended Family/Model 7/A
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13µ
Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Clock Speed 2583.1 MHz
Clock multiplier x13.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 198.7 MHz
Bus Speed 397.3 MHz
Stock frequency 1666 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2583.1 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits

eax ebx ecx edx
Function 00000000 00000001 68747541 444d4163 69746e65
Function 00000001 000006a0 00000000 00000000 0383fbff
Function 80000000 80000008 68747541 444d4163 69746e65
Function 80000001 000007a0 00000000 00000000 c1cbfbff
Function 80000002 20444d41 6c687441 58206e6f 204d2d50
Function 80000003 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Function 80000004 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Function 80000005 0408ff08 ff20ff10 40020140 40020140
Function 80000006 00000000 41004100 02008140 00000000
Function 80000007 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000007
Function 80000008 00002022 00000000 00000000 00000000

edx eax
MSR C0010042 00030303 00160303
MSR C0010015 00000000 03030008
MSR C001001B 00000000 20031223
MSR C001001E 00000000 0000010B

Chipset

Northbridge nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 rev. C1
Southbridge nVidia nForce2 MCP rev. A4
Graphic Interface AGP
AGP Revision 3.0
AGP Transfert Rate 8x
AGP SBA supported, not enabled
AGP Aperture 128 MBytes
Memory Type DDR
Memory Size 1024 MBytes
Memory Frequency 198.7 MHz (1:1)
CAS# 2.5
RAS# to CAS# 2
RAS# Precharge 2
Cycle Time (tRAS) 5

Memory SPD

DIMM #1

General
Memory type DDR-SDRAM
Manufacturer (ID) (0000000000000000)
Size 512 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
Part number
Manufacturing date Week 00/Year 00

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 200
CAS# 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3
RAS# Precharge 3
TRAS# 8

DIMM #2

General
Memory type DDR-SDRAM
Manufacturer (ID) (0000000000000000)
Size 512 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
Part number
Manufacturing date Week 00/Year 00

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 200
CAS# 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3
RAS# Precharge 3
TRAS# 8

Abit NF7-S V2.0
2x 512MB of Samsung TCC4

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
okay tonight, im going to run the widows diagnostic, run the cpu-z, up the volts a bit, and swap out my hardrives and check the capsitors. I work alot at work and fridays and saturdays is the only day i have to test this stuff. I ran the maxtor program and it came clean. according to my Easy tunes program my memory is running at 2.5 volts. tomorrow im going to try my memory in another computer ,and switch out power supplies to, see how it goes,, i hope to have this problem pinpointed after this weekend, i hope. ILl post tomorrow morning on how the things im doing tonight go. sorry for the long paragraph at the top, have a hard time sometimes saying what im thinking in my mind. Thanks for all your help guys.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
well guys, i uped the volts from 2.5 to 2.6 and its running wihtout freezing. I played a game, and other stuff and it hasnt froze. But why i need to up the volt is a wonder to me, cause i dont think i did before. WEll, i might have though, and when my bios reset on me from the video card thing it set it back to normal. Would you think it would still be a good idea and test the ram in someone else computer to make sure. Im glad it is working now, i have 1300 mb memory in now, i just hope that was the case and my memory isny still slowy failing. Thank you guys for all your help in this matter. I hope it works good now, and stays taht way. any more advice you have that you think i should probally, just to make sure it will stay stable now, please let me know . I ran memtest and it passed with flying colors. Im going to download 3dmark 5 and give it a go with that. THanks again guys, now i can play my online game on high detail since i can use more memory. thank you, thank you, thank you, lol.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by newdude on 09/24/05 09:24 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
have a hard time sometimes saying what im thinking in my mind.
If you are having an hard time making sense of what you are thinking and having problems putting it in writing, keep in mind that we'll have an even harder time trying to understand you.

Quality over quantity, slow down, think before you type and use the Enter key more often. Group related facts together and ask a single question at a time.

Athlon64 are meant to run with PC-3200 memory (also know as DDR400, runs on a 200MHz clock).

Although it is possible to use slower memory, some motherboards will require settings to be manually changed and applied in BIOS. Pouring more voltage into PC-2700 (A.K.A DDR333, 166MHz clock) and using 2T instead of 1T won't magically make it run stable at PC-3200 speed.

Mixing different brands and models of memory is a step in the wrong direction when troubleshooting, instead, use a single module at a time and make sure that it is plugged into the correct memory slot. Read your motherboard manual to find out which memory slot should be populated first.

It would be wise to reset your BIOS to the default failsafe values, especially if you previously changed some settings as it will clean the slate and eliminate a lot of unknown variables.

If you feel overwhelmed, have a professional fix your computer for you.

Abit NF7-S V2.0
2x 512MB of Samsung TCC4

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
ill have to right it down on paper first so i can then work on breaking it apart, lol, so that watn happen again. I downloaded 3d mark 5, and ran it and it went well. RIght now i have corasir pc3200 512mb, pc3200 crusial 512mb, and a pc2700 245mb stick in my computer at once and they are all working to gether, i have some things enabled on my bios, and the voltage uped .1, and having no glitches. thanks everyone.

endyen

Splendid
I'm glad that helped. I am also a little supprised that it's stable with that much ram, and only .1 more volt.
Raising it another .1 may be a good idea, if you have any more crashes. I would do it now, but I guess you are a little worried. Because voltage control is't that accurate, ram is warrantied up to 2.8 volts so 2.7 is very safe.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
im going to see if it stays stable at this temps , for now, but if it starts to do its thing again im going to raise it again. im just so glad that its working again. my computer has been doing this for almost 2 months, and i cant believe this is all it took to get it to work again, i feel like kicking myself, lol. Once again, thank all you so much for helping me, and a special thanks to everyone that mentioned me upping the ram, and for making me stop worring and get in there and do it. later guys.