Sign in with
Your question

I NEED HELP NOW! HELP!!!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2012 9:26:17 PM

I recently had to uninstall Google Chrome because some virus was causing chrome.exe to download malware. So I completely deleted Chrome and the virus is completely gone. If I reinstall chrome, will the virus come back?

More about : question

a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 9:27:40 PM

removing chrome won't remove an infection. try running malware bytes to remove it.
m
l
December 27, 2012 9:34:02 PM

Get a clean copy from Google you most likely got a version with male ware already attached in the installer.

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 9:34:11 PM

The virus is still there and will be re-activated.
m
l
December 27, 2012 9:36:15 PM

More likely then not the virus would be there with every other browser that you would use as well unless it's a extension that can only be executed with the Google Chrome browser.
m
l
December 27, 2012 9:56:06 PM

What was the virus or maleware ?

Was it bonjour ?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 10:01:33 PM

download malware bytes and scan your system. also if your anti virus is old or expired there are few free ones like avg..avast..mse..
m
l
December 27, 2012 11:06:00 PM

smorizio said:
download malware bytes and scan your system. also if your anti virus is old or expired there are few free ones like avg..avast..mse..

Do what this guy says. And if you choose a free anti virus, get Avast!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 11:19:43 PM

All-In-One PC Optimization Suites:
Don't want to download, manage and run numerous programs to keep your computer in tip top shape? No problem, here are the best choices in that category known as "suites". If you need step by step assistance consider How to Make Your Computer Run Like New in 4 Easy Steps http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=39 or if your brand new computer is running sluggish try How to Optimize that New Computer. http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=43 and yes it really works anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.
m
l
!