Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Netgear connection issues

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 27, 2012 10:14:45 PM

Hello,
I have a net gear wireless router upstairs. My dell laptop, my iMac (which is downstairs) and my iPad/iPhones all connect anywhere in the house. My Toshiba laptop and my work dell will not connect or it connects very intermittently. It is so frustrating. I can stay connected for days on other wifi networks, just not at home. Any ideas?
a b $ Windows 7
December 27, 2012 10:19:48 PM

update the firmware on your router.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 1:41:35 AM

kurosaka said:
Hello,
I have a net gear wireless router upstairs. My dell laptop, my iMac (which is downstairs) and my iPad/iPhones all connect anywhere in the house. My Toshiba laptop and my work dell will not connect or it connects very intermittently. It is so frustrating. I can stay connected for days on other wifi networks, just not at home. Any ideas?


How old are the two laptops that can't connect or connect intermittently. If they have some age on them, it might be a limitation of the wireless cards on these two laptops. I know you mentioned that they are able to connect to other wi-fi networks consistently. Have you attempted to remove the wireless card drivers and reinstall them on either of the troubled laptops?
m
0
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 1:48:48 AM

Isn't this the wrong section for this? This should probably be in the internet section.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 1:50:07 AM

techdude9 said:
Isn't this the wrong section for this? This should probably be in the internet section.


Not necessarily if both laptops have Windows 7 on them.

And I can't move a thread.....:) 
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 3:14:36 AM

hedwar2011 said:
Not necessarily if both laptops have Windows 7 on them.

And I can't move a thread.....:) 

Well, this doesn't seem like an OS problem.

I know you can't move a thread lol :p 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 3:33:52 AM

how old is you router..as most public wi-fi hot spots would be newer and probably replaced every year or two.
Also your work dell has the problem but your personal dell works fine...
OK....
What operating systems are on the laptops...working to not working?
m
0
l
!