Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Date Book synchronization failed , corrupted database, how..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:25:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Sympton:
- Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may
be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a
HotSync operation again.
Desktop = 0, Handheld = 43
Date Book synchronization failed

Note that there are no records on the desktop, all the records are on
the handheld.

Cause:
The date book database on the palm has become corrupted. In this case
caused by changing all occurances of a repeating event so the repeats
= 0.

Fix:
This was identified by using the dbscan utilty from plimico software
( the makers of Datebk 5 ). After installing the utility on the palm,
I started the scan. It identified and removed the record that was
incorrect.

I checked that the handheld database was okay by using the checker
located at DTBRC Datebook Repair Centre.
http://www.oetiker.ch/dtbrc.cgi

Then HotSynced again. Datebook set to synchronise. Hot sync
successful.

--
change somewhere to icraigen to reach me
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:25:46 GMT, nospam@paradise.net.nz (Ian Craigen)
spewed:
>Sympton:
>- Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may
>be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
>desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a
>HotSync operation again.
>Desktop = 0, Handheld = 43
>Date Book synchronization failed
>
>Note that there are no records on the desktop, all the records are on
>the handheld.
>
>Cause:
>The date book database on the palm has become corrupted. In this case
>caused by changing all occurances of a repeating event so the repeats
>= 0.
>
>Fix:
> This was identified by using the dbscan utilty from plimico software
>( the makers of Datebk 5 ). After installing the utility on the palm,
>I started the scan. It identified and removed the record that was
>incorrect.
>
>I checked that the handheld database was okay by using the checker
>located at DTBRC Datebook Repair Centre.
>http://www.oetiker.ch/dtbrc.cgi
>
>Then HotSynced again. Datebook set to synchronise. Hot sync
>successful.

Thanks for the info. It's just a matter of time before that happens to me
with my luck!
Saving to folder :) 

--
_____________________________________________________
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :) 
!