XP Service Pack 2

mark

I just updated my laptop with XP SP2 and now the MS
Broadband isn't working and said it needs an updated
program from MS to be able to acess the router. Has MS
come up with the program update for SP2?

joker

They did release an updated version of the BNU to be compatible with SP2
before SP2 was actually released.

Personally I'd recommend uninstalling the BNU on the following
computers, those with a wired connection, those running Windows XP, &
those running Windows 2003.

One last thing I have said this several times last month to several
different people this last month. You would have been able to get the
answer sooner if you just did a google groups search. See my sig for
more information.

Mark wrote:

> I just updated my laptop with XP SP2 and now the MS
> Broadband isn't working and said it needs an updated
> program from MS to be able to acess the router. Has MS
> come up with the program update for SP2?

assistance.

time.

joker

Here is a search with information about the BNU that I have posted.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=bnu+no-spam@netzero.com&btnG=Search

Joker wrote:

> They did release an updated version of the BNU to be compatible with SP2
> before SP2 was actually released.
>
> Personally I'd recommend uninstalling the BNU on the following
> computers, those with a wired connection, those running Windows XP, &
> those running Windows 2003.
>
> One last thing I have said this several times last month to several
> different people this last month. You would have been able to get the
> answer sooner if you just did a google groups search. See my sig for
> more information.
>
> Mark wrote:
>
>> I just updated my laptop with XP SP2 and now the MS Broadband isn't
>> working and said it needs an updated program from MS to be able to
>> acess the router. Has MS come up with the program update for SP2?

assistance.

time.

And if fails with a fatal error. Where did they test this,
India?

Linux and Mac are looking more enticing every day and I am
not a fan of either. Grrr.

joker

Third party skinning software is the cause of the other errors with the
BNU, other then running it on a non-supported OS such as Windows 95 or
Windows 2003 server.

> And if fails with a fatal error. Where did they test this,
> India?
>
> Linux and Mac are looking more enticing every day and I am
> not a fan of either. Grrr.

assistance.

time.

Mike

Splendid

I downloaded the updated BNU before upgrading to SP2 after
reading some of the posts here. I have tried to upgrade
again (I previously uninstalled SP2), again, the same
problem with the "incorrect security key" message. I've
typed in the key more than 10 times, tried various
reboots, etc. Anything else to try?

Thanks,

you directly for
>assistance.
>
>If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
>If it's not worth posting you should have done a search
on
>http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?
hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>.

joker

Have you seen any of my post telling you that you shouldn't even bother
with the BNU on a Windows XP computer?

Oh wait you just replied to one. That must mean you now know you should
uninstall the software on all Windows XP computers & all wired
computers. It is not needed on those computers.

So the thing to try is don't even have the BNU installed on Windows XP
computers.

Mike wrote:

> I downloaded the updated BNU before upgrading to SP2 after
> reading some of the posts here. I have tried to upgrade
> again (I previously uninstalled SP2), again, the same
> problem with the "incorrect security key" message. I've
> typed in the key more than 10 times, tried various
> reboots, etc. Anything else to try?
>
> Thanks,

assistance.

time.

I'VE HAD TROUBLE WITH MY WIRELESS PRINTER SINCE GETTING
SP2, AS WELL AS WITH MY I POD PROGRAM. DOES ANYONE KNOW
WHEN SP2 WAS FIRST RELEASED, AND IF IT WAS INCLUDED IN AN
MS AUTOMATIC UPDATE?

joker

Please stop screaming. I normally ignore people who scream. (This
means stop typing in all caps.)

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

denise cody wrote:
> I'VE HAD TROUBLE WITH MY WIRELESS PRINTER SINCE GETTING
> SP2, AS WELL AS WITH MY I POD PROGRAM. DOES ANYONE KNOW
> WHEN SP2 WAS FIRST RELEASED, AND IF IT WAS INCLUDED IN AN
> MS AUTOMATIC UPDATE?

assistance.

time.