WTB: 1970s Gottlieb EM AAB. Opinions Welcome.

I'm looking to purchase my first pinball machine. 25 years ago I used
to play a Gottlieb Lucky Hand and a Gottlieb Gold Strike, and I really
liked both of these games. So here are the specifications on what I'd
like...

Gottlieb, EM, 3 inch flippers, Add-a-Ball, Drop Targets.

Some possibilities...Lucky Hand; Gold Strike; Capt. Card; Pin Up; Pro
Pool. I am sure there are others, so feel free to make suggestions. I'd
like to hear opinions about which game with these specs is the most fun
to play.

As for what I'm looking to buy, I don't really care if it is great
cosmetic condition as long as it is decent and plays well. I'd like to
spend in the ballpark of $500. I'm not looking to ship, but would be
happy to pick it up if within a reasonable distance of Northern New
Jersey. If you have one to sell feel free to cantact me via email. Send
pictures if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

King Pin. The geek liked it at Allentown and so did this kid.
http://host300.ipowerweb.com/~pingeekc/a_town5.htm

Maybe you could find one at York? Anybody?
--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

<mr.twalsh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to purchase my first pinball machine. 25 years ago I used
> to play a Gottlieb Lucky Hand and a Gottlieb Gold Strike, and I really
> liked both of these games. So here are the specifications on what I'd
> like...
>
> Gottlieb, EM, 3 inch flippers, Add-a-Ball, Drop Targets.
>
> Some possibilities...Lucky Hand; Gold Strike; Capt. Card; Pin Up; Pro
> Pool. I am sure there are others, so feel free to make suggestions. I'd
> like to hear opinions about which game with these specs is the most fun
> to play.
>
> As for what I'm looking to buy, I don't really care if it is great
> cosmetic condition as long as it is decent and plays well. I'd like to
> spend in the ballpark of $500. I'm not looking to ship, but would be
> happy to pick it up if within a reasonable distance of Northern New
> Jersey. If you have one to sell feel free to cantact me via email. Send
> pictures if possible.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

Tom:

Gold Strike is great, but if your flippers are strong and
your aim is good, you can basically play the same game all day long
Capt. Card is harder, but both of them have little to offer other than
lots of drop targets (not that that's a bad thing, necessarily).

Don't forget Team One. Not the greatest art, but a fun game
to play. Another good one is Freefall - aab version of Sky Jump.

I'd also recommend Big Hit. It's not an add-a-ball, but it's got
four flippers, two vari-targets, 10 drop targets, and separate scoring
for points and runs.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

<mr.twalsh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127669680.886222.164650@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm looking to purchase my first pinball machine. 25 years ago I used
> to play a Gottlieb Lucky Hand and a Gottlieb Gold Strike, and I really
> liked both of these games. So here are the specifications on what I'd
> like...
>
> Gottlieb, EM, 3 inch flippers, Add-a-Ball, Drop Targets.
>
> Some possibilities...Lucky Hand; Gold Strike; Capt. Card; Pin Up; Pro
> Pool. I am sure there are others, so feel free to make suggestions. I'd
> like to hear opinions about which game with these specs is the most fun
> to play.
>
> As for what I'm looking to buy, I don't really care if it is great
> cosmetic condition as long as it is decent and plays well. I'd like to
> spend in the ballpark of $500. I'm not looking to ship, but would be
> happy to pick it up if within a reasonable distance of Northern New
> Jersey. If you have one to sell feel free to cantact me via email. Send
> pictures if possible.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

Big Hit is cool. 1977 I think and everybody and their brother remembers
this game from those boardwalk arcades in the late 70's as solid states
began to creep in as real live disco boomed on those 8 track tape players
and everybody had the same thing cranking out their cassette/8 track decks.

I'd go for that first. that's just me though.