Sign in with
Your question

$380 gaming monitor suggestions

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 25, 2012 5:55:50 AM

Hey guys. I am looking for a good gaming monitor that is atleast 1920x1080. I prefer to stay away from 24" and 27" at 1080p, and 25.5" and 27" at 1200p. Here is why (it is a post by JackNaylorPE). I also don't care what panel it uses as long as it has a low input lag, no ghosting, crisp images, and can be calibrated using the menu options.

My CPU is the i5-2500k and my MOBO is the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3, 850W XFX Silver PSU, and my GPU is a SAPPHIRE Radeon 7950 900MHz/XFX Radeon 7950. I will be playing Battlefield 3, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Runescape, Tekken 6, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Skyrim.

Any suggestions?
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2012 5:02:39 PM

Doesn't anyone know of one? I also plan to watch videos on it. Also, IPS or TN?
a b 4 Gaming
a c 100 C Monitor
February 27, 2012 2:57:50 PM

doesnt anyone use the forum search function anymore. there are countless threads such as this.

tn panels are cheap, have the fastest response times but color shift when viewed at a slight angle.

6bit ips panels have the same colors but very wide viewing angle.

8bit ips panels have better color accuracy and the wide viewing angle.

at $380 you'd be in the 6bit ips price range. 8bit is out of your budget.

dont go into number crunching mode. i dont care if you have a 2ms or 12ms monitor. as long as its the maximum response time you arent going to get ghosting.

brands... viewsonic, asus, dell are commonly recommended.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 27, 2012 3:08:17 PM

I do use the search. I have read countless topics and I still don't know which monitor to get.
Also, I know not to care for GTG response time. I care more for input lag and aspect ratio, size and resolution.
a b 4 Gaming
a c 100 C Monitor
February 27, 2012 7:16:57 PM

so what you are trying to say is that you know all of these things yet you do not want to pick out anything for yourself? i'm sure someone will pop in and give a model number but you really should be picking specific models yourself. after all you are buying it for yourself.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 28, 2012 5:07:53 AM

Some of the monitors I am not sure are in the local stores nearby me.
a b 4 Gaming
a c 100 C Monitor
February 28, 2012 2:34:46 PM

then you should be going to the local stores and seeing what is in them. or use the web to see what is available in your area. then compare what is out there with what you want. pick one and get it.

i do suggest physically going to stores and seeing the products firsthand if you can though. especially for monitors.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 28, 2012 3:14:47 PM

My stores don't have the U2312HM, which is the monitor I am now most eager to buy.
!