I wonder how many pinball and video game titles have been ..

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Just a though, with all that has been going on. Over the years many
disaters have happened destroying everything in their path including
our games! What can we do to protect them?
;) ~eric

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Put them in a museum and protect them with the best systems ever developed
by man. Or don't worry about it and play them and enjoy them. That is what
they were built for. When mountains and oceans can be overcome by nature,
anything we can build could be gone in a minute. Go play a game and enjoy
them now. LTG :)

<lenscape@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just a though, with all that has been going on. Over the years many
> disaters have happened destroying everything in their path including
> our games! What can we do to protect them?
> ;) ~eric

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Far more have just been taken to the dump than will ever get destroyed
by nature! I am the chief among sinners in that department, but when
you advertise games at $40 each and still have hundreds left after
dozens of people looked at them, that is where they belong.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Ever try just giving them away then? If you gonna throw them in the
dump, Im sure free would have gotten some attention. Better going in
the hands of someone that will work on them, take parts off, or hell
even make a shelf out of the wood than throwing them into the local
landfill. I guess you just get to write it off on your taxes as a
buisness expense if you dump them and rather than giving them away?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I still see it as a waste. He said he had dozens of people passing at
$40. Just say if you want them take them. Isnt that hard.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

If it is in my way, I strip ,and BURN!

I'm lucky my garbage guy takes my junk monitors last week he took 6.

2 weeks ago we took 7 games to my brothers place to burn!

Have to love a good fire!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Plenty of vids are dying by my hand alone.... >:)

--
Fred
TX

<lenscape@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127679989.591842.21160@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Did you say fire, heh heh, heh, fire. Fire is cool. Yeah, Beavis.

http://www.pingeek.com Don't miss the Pinball Graveyard. And no, I have no
clue where those pics came from. Nobody does. They've been passed around
to more sites than a Grateful Dead concert tape. I am merely archiving them
for other to enjoy.......at my expense. ouch.

Enjoy.
--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

<mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote in message
> Ever try just giving them away then? If you gonna throw them in the
> dump, Im sure free would have gotten some attention. Better going in
> the hands of someone that will work on them, take parts off, or hell
> even make a shelf out of the wood than throwing them into the local
> landfill. I guess you just get to write it off on your taxes as a
> buisness expense if you dump them and rather than giving them away?

It costs money to dump stuff regardless of whether or not you can deduct the
expense. As a quick lesson in the tax effect of dumping stuff, if you spend
$1000 a year to dump games, you can deduct (speaking as a schedule C filer)
the full amount of the expense from your income, which saves you roughly the
percentage of your expense equal to your tax bracket. Using this example,
if your total income puts you in a 40% bracket, you save $400 in Federal
Income Tax and around another $75 in Schedule SE tax - so you are still out
of pocket around $525.

On the other hand, if you advertise free stuff on RGVAC you get to waste
countless hours of productive time waiting for no-shows, tire kickers and
other undesirables. In my business, it doesnt take very many wasted hours
to cost me $525, so the choice for me was always clear - if they dont sell,
strip the salvagable parts for eBay and trash the rest.

Art

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Insurance is always a good bet, atleast you'll get some $ back when
something does go wrong.

Ping

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

hell.. $40 IS giving them away.

Lloyd has to pay somehow for his and his workers time, not to mention the
lighting, etc. costs for his warehouse.

Pin Geek wrote:
> Yeah, tell ME about no shows. There's a local sales paper here, and I am not
> naming names, but I get these clowns that would call me about a pin for
> sale, like, hey, I heard you have a pinball machine for sale. I can come up
> there. What's your address? When are you coming up here. I don't know, a
> few days, a week. Do you know Billy Bubba? No, why would I?
> So, I just wait around and hang out for you.
> Idiots. Freakin' Virginia.

Wait a minute there. No bad mouthin' the Old Dominion State.

Chris
Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Alexandria, currently living in Charlottesville

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

EastIowaAmusement@gmail.com wrote:

> If it is in my way, I strip ,and BURN!
>
> I'm lucky my garbage guy takes my junk monitors last week he took 6.
>
> 2 weeks ago we took 7 games to my brothers place to burn!
>
> Have to love a good fire!

Not all of them, some have made a happy home in my garage and/or
basement. If I have the space, may as well save some games, you never
know if someone wants them, or what parts can be saved, or what parts I
have that need a cabinet to house them in. My garage can still hold
about 20 games or so.