Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Looking for a glossy monitor please help!!!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
February 26, 2012 12:50:25 AM

so i've been searching for months for a glossy led monitor, around 22",
like i said ive asked countless people visited infinite web pages driven to numerous stores looking for one but no luck
i would also like it to have fairly decent specs, and hopefully 2ms,
but it must be glossy
thanks for all of your help

More about : glossy monitor

February 26, 2012 12:59:38 AM

anonymous22x said:
so i've been searching for months for a glossy led monitor, around 22",
like i said ive asked countless people visited infinite web pages driven to numerous stores looking for one but no luck
i would also like it to have fairly decent specs, and hopefully 2ms,
but it must be glossy
thanks for all of your help
Curious why must it be glossy?
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 1:12:41 AM

alot of people wont understand this but i think they look better to me, and i don't have any other light room, so i would have any glares
m
0
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2012 1:24:35 AM

The response time will be Grey to Grey, not Black to White to Black. I wouldn't aim for 2ms. Anything under 8 is good.
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 2:30:13 PM

azeem40 said:
The response time will be Grey to Grey, not Black to White to Black. I wouldn't aim for 2ms. Anything under 8 is good.

okay but it seems like alot of monitors have the 2ms response time,
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2012 2:52:42 PM

The actual color response time for any monitor is going to be over 10ms.
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 3:26:03 PM

azeem40 said:
The actual color response time for any monitor is going to be over 10ms.

okay but as it says in the product description does any one have a GLOSSY led monitor, with hopefully under 2ms response time
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2012 4:08:56 PM

You're just ignoring everything..
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 4:11:14 PM

azeem40 said:
You're just ignoring everything..

no honestly i don't mean to be a jerk here you are, i asked for a glossy led monitor and you are just saying how the manufacturer lies about the response time
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 4:13:49 PM

azeem40 said:
You're just ignoring everything..

i understand that im a noobie here but your not answering my question and im just trying to get the thread back on track
m
0
l
February 26, 2012 11:31:47 PM

please im getting very frustrated ive looked what seems like everywhere, the only think that i could find was the asus vg236he i think but its a lot of money for the 3d feature that i won't use(im not a fan of 3d) and its not led,
please someone help me
m
0
l
March 4, 2012 11:14:25 PM

hello everyone i got the hp x2301 and i couldn't be happier it has a glossy screen, 3ms response time, full hd 1920x1080, and 23"
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 5, 2012 4:46:23 AM

Nice man.
m
0
l
October 10, 2012 10:03:08 AM

anonymous22x said:
hello everyone i got the hp x2301 and i couldn't be happier it has a glossy screen, 3ms response time, full hd 1920x1080, and 23"


I am 100% with you here. I'm afraid this kind of thing happens a lot on the internet these days and I can only assume these people are kids or just stupid! If you can't answer a simple question, keep it buttoned! It is a simple enough question and I am astonished that nobody has answered it usefully except the author or the question.

I am a computer professional and have run my own business for 24 years.

Glossy screen monitors are far clearer that the usual matte ones. I have no idea why more people don't insist on them. Many laptops have a glossy screen these days (and are often used outside with no problems) and yet desktop monitors are almost all matte and these are all used indoors... With intricate work, the blur you get from matte screens is incredibly annoying. This is just not present on a glossy screen. Also people who say they suffer from glare are just ignorant. ALL glossy screen monitors have an anti-glare coating. The problem is that when you see them in PC World or whatever, they are TURNED OFF and so you see the reflections of everything behind you. If you are in an office, however, with the monitor TURNED ON like it usually is when you are using the thing <grin> then you won't notice any reflections at all. OK perhaps if you have your back to the window in a darkish office with bright sunshine outside you might get some reflections but hey - just turn up the brightness!

For anyone else catching this thread HP have always done a range of glossy monitors. In my office we use mainly HP w2448hc, w2558hc and w2207. For myself I also have the lovely Samsung SA950 27 inch 3D jobbie. We also have a load of 19 inch non-widescreen Sony SDM-HS95 P/R. The current 2301x is a good looking and pleasant to use glossy screen monitor. Also don't forget that all Apple monitors have glossy screens although you are obviously paying over the odds there.

The auto-brightness feature on most of these glossy monitors is also very useful. When it's dark they auto dim and when the sun comes out the brightness automatically increases so you always get the best picture. We also produce 3D computer games and these monitors perform superbly with this kind of thing.

What is MOST annoying about all of this is that almost NONE of the specs or reviews actually bother to mention whether the monitor has a glossy screen or not. WHY? It is one of the most important aspects of a monitor. Some people love them and don't want a matte one. Some people hate them and don't want a glossy one! Both will be disappointed when their new monitor arrives and it was not what they expected. Often, for example, the descriptions will say "glossy black!!!" and get really excited about that when in fact the stupid marketing department are only talking about the black plastic bezel! Perhaps Tom's Hardware should start a campaign to get this point clarified in every monitor's sales description...

Angry from Woking.
m
0
l
December 5, 2012 1:41:04 AM

Hey Angry guy, I am also looking for a glossy LCD screen.. I've ordered two ASUS monitors that stated "glossy screen" in the description, but the only thing glossy about them are the frames around them... What am I missing? It seems like I can't find anything online myself. I search on Newegg for glossy LCD, but the ASUS monitor I have comes up in the results and I know for sure it doesn't have a glossy LCD because I have one.
m
0
l
December 5, 2012 11:57:19 AM

I know HP have the 2301x which is a lovely (I think) looking monitor, slim and glossy. But they also do the LA2405x24 which looks to be glossy to me but you would need to check as I have not yet seen one in the flesh. I have asked HP why they have left this rather vital information off their spec sheet and marketing twaddle. I was quite blunt!

By the way, I'm not really angry:-)

Edit: Why is it that on this website, and this website only, every now and then a character that I type is left out so I have to go back and change it or edit the post?

m
0
l
December 6, 2012 1:03:08 AM

AngryFromWoking said:
I know HP have the 2301x which is a lovely (I think) looking monitor, slim and glossy. But they also do the LA2405x24 which looks to be glossy to me but you would need to check as I have not yet seen one in the flesh. I have asked HP why they have left this rather vital information off their spec sheet and marketing twaddle. I was quite blunt!

By the way, I'm not really angry:-)

Edit: Why is it that on this website, and this website only, every now and then a character that I type is left out so I have to go back and change it or edit the post?


Hahaha. Thanks man. I'm going to check those models out. I have a thing for glossy LCDs. Considering Dell just came out with a new series of glossy monitors, I hope they decide to continue making these in the future.
m
0
l
!