  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 25, 2005 7:14:11 PM

Which is the better game in your opinion, The Getaway or No Fear??

B.

More about : fear

September 25, 2005 7:18:22 PM

EITHER, !!!
Both are really good games !, SR games at that !!
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 7:25:25 PM

Elvis. Oh, I'm sorry, Getaway.

-cody
CARGPB#4

Lionheart83 wrote:
> Which is the better game in your opinion, The Getaway or No Fear??
>
> B.
September 25, 2005 7:48:19 PM

I just picked up a Getwaway, about a month ago, and I have to say its
great!
I can't stop playing it. Its very fast !!
I like No Fear alot also but I don't have as much time on it, to give a
true opinion.
Willy
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 7:58:05 PM

While I enjoy the jump ramp in NF (quite a bit) and the Jump This mode,
the modes in NF seem uninspired and are unbalanced in scoring. Most
modes are really not worth playing until you get to the three big modes
(No Limits, Meet Your Maker and the other one). Big points are
available in MYM with a ball trapped on the left flipper while raping
the jump ramp for 200M with the right flipper. No Fear offers fast
gameplay with somewhat disappointing rules. Not Steve Ritchie's best
layout either.

Getaway, while not a deep game, I find more fun and satisfying to play.
It plays fast, has looping orbits as you would expect from SR, and the
supercharger is pretty cool (especially with multiple balls in it).
Super Jackpots are quite satisfying to hit and are more fun than
anything that NF has to offer. A well setup Getaway is a blast to play
- fast fun with simple strategy. Getaway builds on a classic - High
Speed, but adds a twist with the supercharger and Red Line Mania.
Extra balls are a little easy to come by on Getaway with the Freeway
and Red Line always giving them out.

I suggest the Getaway, but NF is not that bad IMO.

Chris
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 12:35:18 AM

HS2 is too hard, NF is too easy. I liked NF better though, many more
shots (and satisfying), better art, sound, and rules. Sure was easy
though, I got to the final wiz mode practically every game- so many
shots that its hard to miss one, and the ball never goes straight down
the middle.
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 3:58:59 AM

HSII for me.

(Even though I now longer own one.)

--
Fred
TX

"Lionheart83" <duhman83@yahoo.com> wrote

> Which is the better game in your opinion, The Getaway or No Fear??
>
> B.

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 4:19:33 AM

NF is on my most wanted list, HSII is on most unwanted list ;-)
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 5:26:50 AM

Tough one.
IMHO, NF edges out HS II by a hair.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack

"Lionheart83" <duhman83@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Which is the better game in your opinion, The Getaway or No Fear??
>
> B.

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 6:53:06 AM

Both are fantastic, but I personally prefer HSII.

Bill

> Which is the better game in your opinion, The Getaway or No Fear??
>
> B.

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 12:14:51 PM

ldnayman wrote:
> HS2 is too hard, NF is too easy. I liked NF better though, many more
> shots (and satisfying), better art, sound, and rules. Sure was easy
> though, I got to the final wiz mode practically every game- so many
> shots that its hard to miss one, and the ball never goes straight down
> the middle.

I don't think I have ever heard that HS2 was too hard and NF was too
easy. Some can rape NF by timing out modes to get to the end, but EASY?

HS2 is not all that hard to get to the final modes in just about every
game.

Kirb
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 5:26:12 AM

I have them both...excellent playing examples fully shopped out.
My HSII gets triple the play of NF...even by me ;)
Both are great games but if I had to choose...
Getaway from skully and RUN THE RED LIGHT!!!!

Chet