milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Went out to a bowling alley here in Kenosha and of course, had to check
otu their game room, and in the corner I was happy to find TAF as well
as SPP. TAF was set to quarter play (never seen it that cheap!) and SPP
was set at 50 cents.

I had what had to have been my best single ball score on on TAF... 90
million, it was on the 1st ball. (They had replay set at 25 mil so got
the replay as well!). The game seemed to be in relatively good
condition, playfield looked a little worn (even tho I saw a marking
indicating it was Diamond coated, so maybe it wasn't coated till much
later) also the staircase ramp had a problem with the little metal piece
that hangs down at the base of the ramp (not sure what its called, maybe
someone can correct me) and the piece flys up and smacks the glass
everytime you shoot up the ramp.

As for SPP... wow that game is a blast! only played like 2 or 3 games
but wow that game has so much going on that repeat plays are a definate.
I didn't score nearly as well on that game but it seems to be kind of
a low-scoring game. I also got the ball stuck by the garage door...
lucky the machine kicked it out.

Overall... a good pin day!

which bowling alley was it? Can't believe a decent TAF is still on
route. There is one in lake geneva but it is totally assed up.

what other pins are around by you? if you want. there is a Medieval
madness and roadshow off of HWY 94N and ryan road. They are at the
poilet Truck stop in case you wanted to know. There is another
Medieval madness at the Ridge cinema, Lotr, and Star Wars trilogy.

mrp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you at least stay home to watch your beloved Packers?

"milt" <netrage@dunspammiltsweb.com> wrote in message
> Went out to a bowling alley here in Kenosha and of course, had to check
> otu their game room, and in the corner I was happy to find TAF as well as
> SPP. TAF was set to quarter play (never seen it that cheap!) and SPP was
> set at 50 cents.
>
> I had what had to have been my best single ball score on on TAF... 90
> million, it was on the 1st ball. (They had replay set at 25 mil so got the
> replay as well!). The game seemed to be in relatively good condition,
> playfield looked a little worn (even tho I saw a marking indicating it was
> Diamond coated, so maybe it wasn't coated till much later) also the
> staircase ramp had a problem with the little metal piece that hangs down
> at the base of the ramp (not sure what its called, maybe someone can
> correct me) and the piece flys up and smacks the glass everytime you shoot
> up the ramp.
>
> As for SPP... wow that game is a blast! only played like 2 or 3 games but
> wow that game has so much going on that repeat plays are a definate. I
> didn't score nearly as well on that game but it seems to be kind of a
> low-scoring game. I also got the ball stuck by the garage door... lucky
> the machine kicked it out.
>

> Overall... a good pin day!

MM is all over the place up in milwaukee. It's fun to play on route,
but not worth the prices. there is also a CV in west allis, on
greefield ave. Someone said there was a TOTAN on greenfield as well,
but I couldnt find the laundry mat. :(

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Nwojedi wrote:
> which bowling alley was it? Can't believe a decent TAF is still on
> route. There is one in lake geneva but it is totally assed up.

Gunderson Recreation Center on Green Bay Rd. here in Kenosha... I
wouldn't call it "great" but the machine looked in good shape, could
probably use a good shop job but other than that. I was able to get 120
mil in one game.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Nwojedi wrote:
> which bowling alley was it? Can't believe a decent TAF is still on
> route. There is one in lake geneva but it is totally assed up.

Oh, there is something I wanted to mention that I forgot about
earlier... its most glaring problem is the top row of lights on the DMD
seem to be out and the whole display has an "icicle" appearance to it...
but doesn't interfere with the readabilty of it.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Nwojedi wrote:
> what other pins are around by you? if you want. there is a Medieval
> madness and roadshow off of HWY 94N and ryan road. They are at the
> poilet Truck stop in case you wanted to know. There is another
> Medieval madness at the Ridge cinema, Lotr, and Star Wars trilogy.

Well the TSPP and TAF were the first ones I have found. Well I saw a
Simpsons sitting in this gaming shop, poor thing was sitting there,
unplugged and covered with stuff, was being used as a table. If I wasn't
busy with something else that day I would have asked them why its
sitting there doing nothing. I'll have to look for those as I've wanted
to try out LOTR and MM since I've heard so many good things about both.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

MRP wrote:
> Did you at least stay home to watch your beloved Packers?

Nope... saw most of the game elsewhere... ugh..I don't even want to
think about it.