Dual Core 830 showing up as single in XP

RickS

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
I have an Asus P5LD2-Deluxe with a Pentium D 830. I had XP Pro installed and under Device Manager it showed up as two processors and in the task manager ( performance tab ) it showed two CPU windows. I just installed SP2 and now it only shows as One Processor in both places.

The benchmarks are also showing exactly half of what they should be.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks !

Rick..

RickS

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
The Asus Bios is the latest. The Bios itself correctly identifies the CPU. When the machine is posting, it also shows up correctly and the CPU count is 2.

RichPLS

Champion
Could it be Win XP Home not supproting dual processors? What O/S do you have?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Isnt there an option in taskmanager to show all cpus in seperate graphs or not ? Also check device manager see if the cores show up there. Im suspecting everything is just fine.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
"My computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables" and in "System variables" box there is "Number_of_processors".

Is it 1 or 2 ?

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein</font color=red>