Dimension 8300 BIOS A06 available

Not unless you're planning to replace the CPU. Otherwise
I don't see much else very serious. I did it anyway, and it
was a breeze. The new install is started in Windows and
the rest is all automatic. No more boot disks etc.

"John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the
particular
> issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just
wondered if
> I was missing something special?
>

> "The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

John,
Where did you fine the issues addressed in the update. I went to the site
listed below, but could not find the issues list.

>"John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the particular
>issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just wondered if
>I was missing something special?
>

>"The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>
>http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

Charliec

See the other URL in Pen's first message, i.e. the US one not the Europe
one.

John