Dimension 8300 BIOS A06 available

5 answers Last reply
More about dimension 8300 bios available

    If that doesn't work, then try this one.
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=308&devlib=1&category=1&releaseid=R77772

    "The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

    Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the particular
    issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just wondered if
    I was missing something special?

    "The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

    Not unless you're planning to replace the CPU. Otherwise
    I don't see much else very serious. I did it anyway, and it
    was a breeze. The new install is started in Windows and
    the rest is all automatic. No more boot disks etc.

    "John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the
    particular
    > issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just
    wondered if
    > I was missing something special?
    >

    > "The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

    John,
    Where did you fine the issues addressed in the update. I went to the site
    listed below, but could not find the issues list.

    >"John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the particular
    >issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just wondered if
    >I was missing something special?
    >

    >"The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >>
    >http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m=l&p=1

    Charliec

    See the other URL in Pen's first message, i.e. the US one not the Europe
    one.

    John

    "Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
    > John,
    > Where did you fine the issues addressed in the update. I went to the site
    > listed below, but could not find the issues list.
    >
    > >"John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there some compelling reason to use this BIOS? I looked at the
    particular
    > >issues that it addresses, and none seem relevant to me, but just wondered
    if
    > >I was missing something special?
    > >

    > >"The Social Outcast" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > >>

    >http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/system.asp?sid=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&m