24 SEP FSPA Charity Tournament - outstanding!

The event run by Serg and other members of the FSPA yesterday was a
success! The event was run to raise money for hurricane relief.
I had a great time at the event yesterday. I think that there were 25
pins present! Rare games were there like Asteroid Annie and Special
Forces. Stern's latest, NASCAR was there, as well as Sopranos,
Simpsons, Monopoly and Ripley's. Classics like High Speed, Black
Knight 2000, Seawitch and Meteor were there also. Of course there were
many WPC games in the (Volleyball) house, and even a SEGA - Baywatch.
All games not in the tournament qualifying banks were on 50 cent play.
A fine collection of games. Truly those who did not attend missed out
in a big way.

Demolition Man, Shadow, Baywatch and No Good Gofers! comprised the A
division lineup, while the B Division games were Monopoly, Theatre of
Magic, Roadshow and World Cup Soccer.
To be honest, I was not overjoyed to see Baywatch in the lineup.
However, after playing a few games on it, I grew to have a small
fondness for it's gameplay and balanced scoring.

The tournament was run smoothly by Serg and Scott. Members from both
FSPA leagues were there, as well as many others. There was room for
many more players, y'all should have showed up. Prizes included NASCAR
playfield and Stern translites graciously donated by Stern and pinball
books and shirts. There was a silent auction for player #101 and 5
entries at PAPA 9 donated by Kevin Martin.

Fun Saturday of pinball. Worthy cause. Special thanks to Serg for
taking the initiative to organize the event and running the show, Scott
for working the tournament, moving and donating games, Kim for game
transportation, Tim Peterson and Mike Frasca for bringing games, and
Paul for donating games. Thanks to Stern Pinball and to Kevin Martin
for donating the sweet prizes, very classy. Thanks to all others who
made the event happen.

Chris

LeaveManyCredits wrote:

> The event run by Serg and other members of the FSPA yesterday was a
> success!

Awww. You're just saying that cause you won A Division. ;)

Details in a post to follow shortly,

Sergio