Could not find the main class: utils.vm.preloader

Hello,
I am having an issue when I startup my win7 pro machine. I get an error stating that it cannot locate the main class utils.vm.preloader. I have read several forums and they have suggested I do the following:

1 .Completely uninstall, reboot and reinstall JRE.
2. Change the PATH environmental variable in the system settings to the correct path. I set it to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin/"
3. Clear java cache in control panel

I have completed these tasks and the error still remains. I am able to go to the command line and run C:/java to get a listing, but not javac.

Even when I uninstalled java from my system and rebooted I still got the error, which I thought was strange. Any help would be great. I don't write any java code or play any video games so I don't know what is causing the issue. I checked the event view and saw absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
2 answers Last reply
More about could find main class utils preloader
  1. ngentile said:
    Hello,
    I am having an issue when I startup my win7 pro machine. I get an error stating that it cannot locate the main class utils.vm.preloader. I have read several forums and they have suggested I do the following:

1 .Completely uninstall, reboot and reinstall JRE.
    2. Change the PATH environmental variable in the system settings to the correct path. I set it to "C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin/"
    3. Clear java cache in control panel

I have completed these tasks and the error still remains. I am able to go to the command line and run C:/java to get a listing, but not javac.

Even when I uninstalled java from my system and rebooted I still got the error, which I thought was strange. Any help would be great. I don't write any java code or play any video games so I don't know what is causing the issue. I checked the event view and saw absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Do you have Live Person installed? Also, if you look in your Programs in Control Panel is there multiple versions of Java installed including J2SE 5.0?
  2. I checked for both of those items. I do not have Live Person installed nor do I have multiple instances of Java installed. I did go through the trouble of uninstalling java from the system and rebooting it. I still got the error although there was no Java programs still installed on the system. BTW- the system I am having this issue on is a fresh install. I did not have this issue until I added java to the machine initially.
Ask a new question

Read More

Java Command Line Windows 7