Looking for thoughts on these products

micaso

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I've practically had it with my keyboard and mouse and was planning on buying new ones. Me, being a gamer, checked out Logitech and Razer. They really got my attention, but after the huge dissapointment the Logitech G930 was for me (my fault for not investigating beforehand, i just dived in and bought it), i was hoping to find some testimonials and thoughts of people who have used these products before, and of any issues they encountered. Preferrably on Windows 7 64bit. Here are the ones i was considering:

Razer Naga Epic
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition
Razer Tiamat 7.1

The most important things for me right now are the mouse and keyboard. Both of these are perfect for me because of the optimizable buttons for gaming. The mouse looks comfortable enough and i prefer the palm grip myself. I was considering the G9x but it seemed a tad too small for my taste. Also, the thing i liked about the mouse was that it is wired/wireless. I've had enough problems with wireless (with my current mouse and headset) so i'd like to know if the wireless is good. In any case, i'll switch to wired if necessary. The keyboard seems very comfortable to use aswell, but i'm not really sure. I was also considering the Alienware TactX.

If anyone has any recommendations that are similar (and maybe cheaper) than these products, i'd very much welcome them aswell.

nin-ha

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
To be honest I don't know why Razer is still in business. Way too high of prices for what they're selling. If you don't care about matching brands, then I got some suggestions for you. I recently made the switch to a mechanical keyboard and honestly, I cannot stand typing on a membrane keyboard at work anymore. I got the Corsair Vengeance K60 and it just feels amazing. As far as mice go, I only use Logitech. I don't like the G9X either, I have the same problem as you do. I run the Logitech G500, it's a lot bigger and I think it has one more thumb button than the G9X. As for headsets go, there is no reason to pay that much for a 7.1 headset. Look up the Plantronics 777.

Drugoli

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Honestly, I don't see why so many people have problems with Razer products. I think they're great!
I've been using my Razer DeathAdder (the old 1800 DPI version) for a long time, and it's still kicking strong, the best mouse I've ever tried. And the BlackWidow, don't even get me started about how amazing that keyboard is, I simply can't get enough of it!
I would say, if you like the Razer products, you shouldn't be thrown back by what people tell you online. I was skeptical about buying the BlackWidow Ultimate, but after purchase, I'm very glad I did!