Win2K client can't print to Win XP pro server

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 7, 2004 2:59:14 PM

Hi. I am trying to print to a printer being shared on a
Win 2k server from a Win 2k notebook. The only way this
works is by logging into the Win XP server from the Win
2K client usint Network places - then it works. I can't
add the printer as an network printer for some reason?
Any suggestions
October 8, 2004 5:39:20 AM

Since File & Printer sharing is provided by the OS & you didn't post
what error if any you are getting so I can't really help you.

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

Dex wrote:

> Hi. I am trying to print to a printer being shared on a
> Win 2k server from a Win 2k notebook. The only way this
> works is by logging into the Win XP server from the Win
> 2K client usint Network places - then it works. I can't
> add the printer as an network printer for some reason?
> Any suggestions

assistance.

time.
!