Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[ASUS] Laptop, Webcam problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 18, 2010 3:59:50 AM

Hello,
My integrated webcam has been working properly in the past and has just recently started giving me problems.

Computer Specs:
Asus N61jq series

Hardware ID:
  1. USB\VID_13D3&PID_5122&REV_0202&MI_00



Only sometimes it connects through programs like MSN, Gmail, and LifeFrame. Most of the time I get a blank screen, or MSN freezes in webcam settings, and LifeFrame says that the camera is in use by another camera even if I just rebooted.
I have tried numerous different drivers including the default one that Windows Update installs, which flips my picture upside down and still has connection problems. Something I noticed is that sometimes, when connecting, the computer makes the USB disconnection sound and either successfully connects or doesnt...

I have tried installing the following drivers without success:

Azurewave V5.8.54000.207
Azurewave V5.8.54000.1
Windows Update driver (year 2006)

If someone can help me ASAP it would be MUCH appreciated!! :sol: 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2010 6:02:29 AM

You can try uninstalling it from the device manager, rebooting, and seeing if Windows will install the correct driver to get it going again.
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 11:00:40 AM

It looks like a connection problem to me. You can try disassembling your lcd panel and check the physical connection of your webcam.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 18, 2010 3:19:47 PM

You think it could be a physical problem because of the connect/disconnect sounds? Wouldn't the connections be on the motherboard, or is the camera actually plugged into a cable right in the LCD ? I have a feeling that opening the LCD would void my warrenty, plus I don't even know how :S

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I checked to delete the driver as well.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 12:41:14 AM

I will try to explain it with my limited English.

Quote:
You think it could be a physical problem because of the connect/disconnect sounds?


Yes. I already encountered this with an HP mini.

Quote:
Wouldn't the connections be on the motherboard, or is the camera actually plugged into a cable right in the LCD ?


The connection is from the motherboard and the wires runs through the side of the lcd up to the top. THe problem usually lies at the connection in the top of the LCD or the hinge of the panel.

Quote:
I have a feeling that opening the LCD would void my warrenty


Doing this will usually void the warranty. If it still have a warranty, I would suggest bringing it at the service center for repair. I am certain that the problem is hardware side.

Note: I am a computer/laptop tech here in the Philippines.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 1:20:43 AM

newbie001 said:
I will try to explain it with my limited English.

Quote:
You think it could be a physical problem because of the connect/disconnect sounds?


Yes. I already encountered this with an HP mini.

Quote:
Wouldn't the connections be on the motherboard, or is the camera actually plugged into a cable right in the LCD ?


The connection is from the motherboard and the wires runs through the side of the lcd up to the top. THe problem usually lies at the connection in the top of the LCD or the hinge of the panel.

Quote:
I have a feeling that opening the LCD would void my warrenty


Doing this will usually void the warranty. If it still have a warranty, I would suggest bringing it at the service center for repair. I am certain that the problem is hardware side.

Note: I am a computer/laptop tech here in the Philippines.


Ok I will take your advice.
Unfortunately getting repairs done / using the warrenty is going to be painful since I gotta send the laptop back to ASUS through the mail :??: 

I'd better get on it than
Thanks


EDIT (add on):

I just looked at my Windows Updates and found the following update in the list of available updates


maybe this fix has something to do with the problem and will fix it. I have been getting daily Blue Screens randomly.
m
0
l
October 20, 2010 4:18:11 AM

The solution to this problem seems to have been the update listed above. After installing Windows Update KB979538 and rebooting, my webcam worked properly and still does.

I also havent experienced any random BSOD yet!
:bounce: 
m
0
l
!