T3 about to be discontinued?

January 16, 2005 10:37:59 AM

I have tried to buy a T3 in three cities over the past couple weeks. I
have been to about a dozen places -- electronics stores and office
supply stores. Every store was out. Most said they aren't getting any
more.

Two stores had display models.

At one, the display model did not seem to be for sale. The clerk
thought new ones might arrive on a shipment next week, but she was a
bit clueless on the topic in general so I don't really trust that.

At the other store with a display model, the one on display was quite
battered looking. The clerk said it was the last one he was getting
and he wanted $350 for it. PalmOne says the MSRP for a new one is
$350, so I said no to that.

I prefer to buy local but at this point I may just order it from Palm.

But to my point -- is this situation a sign that Palm is about to
discontinue the T3?

More about : discontinued

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 11:27:36 AM

The T3 is over a year old now. It wouldn't suprise me that a replacement
unit is coming out soon. The way you'll know when the replacement is close
is you'll see the T3 start to get discounted and when the new unit comes out
it will probably get another $50 discount as well.

Cheers
TC

"pfw" <pfw@pobox.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to buy a T3 in three cities over the past couple weeks. I
> have been to about a dozen places -- electronics stores and office
> supply stores. Every store was out. Most said they aren't getting any
> more.
>
> Two stores had display models.
>
> At one, the display model did not seem to be for sale. The clerk
> thought new ones might arrive on a shipment next week, but she was a
> bit clueless on the topic in general so I don't really trust that.
>
> At the other store with a display model, the one on display was quite
> battered looking. The clerk said it was the last one he was getting
> and he wanted $350 for it. PalmOne says the MSRP for a new one is
> $350, so I said no to that.
>
> I prefer to buy local but at this point I may just order it from Palm.
>
> But to my point -- is this situation a sign that Palm is about to
> discontinue the T3?
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 1:37:24 PM

I found the same problem during Christmas when I helped a friend buy one for
her husband. None of the local stores had one so I eventually found one on the
internet and then paid only about $299 for it. Sorry I don't remember where
though. PalmOne still had some at that time, too.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 2:51:12 PM

pfw <pfw@pobox.com> wrote:
>I have tried to buy a T3 in three cities over the past couple weeks.

It's been gone from the Boston area for a couple of months now, unless
you want the physically damaged store models at list price. Once the
T5 came out the T3 faded away pretty quickly.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 3:52:24 PM

Have you tried www.expansys.co.uk (they have a USA site also) or
www.amazon.co.uk (likewise they have a USA site).

Price with Amazon is quite keen (by UK standards)

Happy shopping..

:-))

"pfw" <pfw@pobox.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to buy a T3 in three cities over the past couple weeks. I
> have been to about a dozen places -- electronics stores and office
> supply stores. Every store was out. Most said they aren't getting any
> more.
>
> Two stores had display models.
>
> At one, the display model did not seem to be for sale. The clerk
> thought new ones might arrive on a shipment next week, but she was a
> bit clueless on the topic in general so I don't really trust that.
>
> At the other store with a display model, the one on display was quite
> battered looking. The clerk said it was the last one he was getting
> and he wanted $350 for it. PalmOne says the MSRP for a new one is
> $350, so I said no to that.
>
> I prefer to buy local but at this point I may just order it from Palm.
>
> But to my point -- is this situation a sign that Palm is about to
> discontinue the T3?
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:59:55 PM

<< The T3 is over a year old now. It wouldn't suprise me that a replacement
unit is coming out soon. The way you'll know when the replacement is close
is you'll see the T3 start to get discounted and when the new unit comes out
it will probably get another $50 discount as well.

Cheers
TC >>

The T3 was replaced by the T5. I picked up a T3 a couple of months back on
closeout.
The T5 is an inferior product in that it deleted features, is totally
incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable connector,
can hold fewer records since larger blocks of memory are used nomatter how
small the file, etc. But on the plus side you can use it as a flash drive!

Dennis B. Swaney
remove .zz to reply
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:59:56 PM

On 16 Jan 2005 17:59:55 GMT, ROMAD wrote:

> << The T3 is over a year old now. It wouldn't suprise me that a replacement
> unit is coming out soon. The way you'll know when the replacement is close
> is you'll see the T3 start to get discounted and when the new unit comes out
> it will probably get another $50 discount as well.
>
> Cheers
> TC >>
>
> The T3 was replaced by the T5. I picked up a T3 a couple of months back on
> closeout.
> The T5 is an inferior product in that it deleted features, is totally
> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable connector,
> can hold fewer records since larger blocks of memory are used nomatter how
> small the file, etc. But on the plus side you can use it as a flash drive!

That last one's not really a big plus. CardExportII and a large SD
card in a T3 (or even my current M515) and you can use it as a flash
drive as well.

--
Derek

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not
know the terror of being forever lost at sea.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:12:15 PM

"ROMAD" <romad@aol.com.zz> wrote in message
SNIP

> The T3 was replaced by the T5. I picked up a T3 a couple of months back on
> closeout.
> The T5 is an inferior product in that it deleted features, is totally
> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable
> connector,
> can hold fewer records since larger blocks of memory are used nomatter how
> small the file, etc. But on the plus side you can use it as a flash drive!

I am not so sure I agree that the T5 is a T3 replacement. As you stated
several features on the T3 were not included on the T5. The T5 seems more of
a replacement for the TE and the T3.

TC
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:57:45 PM

In article <38yGd.8366$pZ4.4194@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tony Clark wrote:
> "ROMAD" <romad@aol.com.zz> wrote in message
> SNIP
>> The T3 was replaced by the T5. I picked up a T3 a couple of months back on
>> closeout.
>> The T5 is an inferior product in that it deleted features, is totally
>> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable
>> connector,
>> can hold fewer records since larger blocks of memory are used nomatter how
>> small the file, etc. But on the plus side you can use it as a flash drive!
> I am not so sure I agree that the T5 is a T3 replacement. As you stated
> several features on the T3 were not included on the T5. The T5 seems more of
> a replacement for the TE and the T3.

It may not be a *good* replacement, but it is being treated by a lot of
stores as replacing the T3. I picked my T3 up for $50 off because the store
was stopping selling them now that the T5 was out.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 10:54:34 PM

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The T3 is over a year old now. It wouldn't suprise me that a replacement
>unit is coming out soon.

I think in palmOne's eyes the replacement is already here: the T5. Just the name
Tungsten *T5* (instead of the more believable Tungsten E2 for that model) should
be a clue as to their thinking... ;)
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 11:12:25 PM

In article <20050116125955.14317.00000049@mb-m10.aol.com>,
romad@aol.com.zz (ROMAD) wrote:

> The T5 is an inferior product in that it deleted features,

And added some new features.

is totally
> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable
connector,

Actually, a more capable connector capable of audio and multimedia transfers.

> can hold fewer records since larger blocks of memory are used nomatter how
> small the file, etc.

Larger blocks but more RAM. Does this work out to fewer records?
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:30:57 AM

Guy Bannis wrote:
> Larger blocks but more RAM. Does this work out to fewer records?

There is no one answer. If all your records are 512 bytes, then
it works out to way more records. If all your records are 4 bytes,
then it works out to fewer.

Here are the numbers I base that on:

T3:
has 52MB storage heap.
guessing the per-record overhead is 16 bytes.
52MB / (16 + 4) = 2,720,000 records if all are 4 bytes.
52MB / (16 + 64) = 681,000 records if all are 64 bytes.
52MB / (16 + 128) = 378,000 records if all are 128 bytes.
52MB / (16 + 512) = 103,000 records if all are 512 bytes.

T5:
has 55MB storage heap.
all records use space as if they were the next multiple
of 512 bytes, plus there is some per-record overhead.
per-record overhead is unknown, so let's be generous
and call it zero.
55MB / 512 = 112,640 records if all are 4 bytes.
55MB / 512 = 112,640 records if all are 64 bytes.
55MB / 512 = 112,640 records if all are 128 bytes.
55MB / 512 = 112,640 records if all are 512 bytes.

So, my conclusion is that unless your records are nearly 512
bytes, the T5 will store fewer records.

Also, what is the break-even point (the size of record that
you would have to store on both for them to both store the
exact same number of records)?

Well, 52MB / (16 + X) = 55MB / 512,
so (16 + X) / 52MB = 512 / 55MB,
so (16 + X) = 52/55 * 512,
so X = 52/55 * 512 - 16,
so X = 468.07.

Which means that if you have a bunch of databases with
identically-sized records, then if they're bigger than 468
(but less than 512 bytes -- my math assumes you never store
anything bigger than 512 bytes), you're better off storing them
on the T5, but if they're smaller, then you're better off
storing them on the T3.

My estimate of 16 bytes overhead per record on the T3 may be
wrong, but you can see it doesn't affect the answer very much.

Now, you can say that it's unlikely that you are going to
store identically-sized records in all your databases. Certainly
that's true. So, the real math is a little more complicated
than this. (Although, if all your records are 512 bytes or
smaller, then you can use the average size of your records
and the same math would apply.) But the conclusion is that
if you generally have small records, the T5 stores a *lot*
fewer of them.

- Logan
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:31:52 AM

"Paul Murray" <paul@murray.net> wrote in message
SNIP

> It may not be a *good* replacement, but it is being treated by a lot of
> stores as replacing the T3. I picked my T3 up for $50 off because the
> store
> was stopping selling them now that the T5 was out.

You're probably correct, however I think the $50 price reduction actually
came from Palm when they introduced the T5.

TC
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:33:40 AM

"AaronJ" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message
> "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The T3 is over a year old now. It wouldn't suprise me that a replacement
>>unit is coming out soon.
>
> I think in palmOne's eyes the replacement is already here: the T5. Just
> the name
> Tungsten *T5* (instead of the more believable Tungsten E2 for that model)
> should
> be a clue as to their thinking... ;)

Well maybe, I was thinking that the reason they didn't go with TE2 is that
the T5 doesn't fit the same "E-for Economy" price point as the original TE.
It's hard to know what's going through the minds of the marketeers at Palm
these days, they don't seem to be paying attention to their customers.

TC
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 2:00:16 AM

Guy Bannis wrote:
> romad@aol.com.zz (ROMAD) wrote:

> is totally
>> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable
> connector,
>
> Actually, a more capable connector capable of audio and multimedia
> transfers.

The old connector was perfectly capable of those as well; you could
establish a PPP connection over it and use it for "streaming" audio and
multimedia, if you wished.

Is there anything supporting the new connector being "better" other than
marketing hype? (And I'm asking this question honestly... it might be
higher bandwidth, or maybe they've added an audio "line in" as one of the
connector bits... does anyone know?)

--
ZZzz |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey <efindel@earthlink.net>
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_)
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:09:08 PM

Travis S. Casey presented:
<< Guy Bannis wrote:
> romad@aol.com.zz (ROMAD) wrote:

> is totally
>> incompatible with T3 peripherals due to Palmone using a less capable
> connector,
>
> Actually, a more capable connector capable of audio and multimedia
> transfers.

The old connector was perfectly capable of those as well; you could
establish a PPP connection over it and use it for "streaming" audio and
multimedia, if you wished.

Is there anything supporting the new connector being "better" other than
marketing hype? (And I'm asking this question honestly... it might be
higher bandwidth, or maybe they've added an audio "line in" as one of the
connector bits... does anyone know?)

I actually counted the number of pins on the MC & UC. The MC has fewer pins
therefore fewer signal paths, unless Palmone is employing heavy multiplexing of
the signals with increased bandwidth. Does anyone have access to pin-out charts
of the two connectors?

Dennis B. Swaney
remove .zz to reply
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:46:21 PM

"ROMAD" <romad@aol.com.zz> wrote in message
SNIP

> Is there anything supporting the new connector being "better" other than
> marketing hype? (And I'm asking this question honestly... it might be
> higher bandwidth, or maybe they've added an audio "line in" as one of the
> connector bits... does anyone know?)
> >>

> I actually counted the number of pins on the MC & UC. The MC has fewer
> pins
> therefore fewer signal paths, unless Palmone is employing heavy
> multiplexing of
> the signals with increased bandwidth. Does anyone have access to pin-out
> charts
> of the two connectors?

One thing I didn't like about the UC conector was the method of attaching
the cable to the Palm. On my T3 certain cables have a tendency to disconnect
on one side or pop off completely. I also noticed that even though the
pin-outs are the same the actual cables are a little different to accomodate
the different case shapes on the Palm. For example, my wife's old m130 was
rounded on the bottom whereas my T3 is straight. The cradles are not
interchangeable between the two models because of the form factor difference
in the Palm. So much for "universal". It would have been nice to see a UC
connector with more of a USB (or mini USB) form factor from the beginning.

As for tech specs I couldn't say which is better.

Cheers
TC
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:00:49 PM

It's ass backwards in my stupid hick town. We have T3s but a T5 hasnt even
shown up in the local Staples store.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 1:29:41 AM

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:59:55 +0000, ROMAD wrote:

> The T3 was replaced by the T5. I picked up a T3 a couple of months back
> on closeout.

The T5 was actually a replacement for the T|E, not the T3.

The Tungsten E was palmOne's highest-selling unit, EVER. They
wanted to capture that audience and enhance it with several new features
that were only (at that time) available on its higher-end T3 model.

Unfortunately, the OS bugs and flaws are plaguing the T5, and
the people who incorrectly assume it is an upgrade to a T3, end up very
disappointed.

OS bugs aside, the T|E users who upgrade to the T5 are happy,
for the most part.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:10:17 AM

Lone Bard wrote:

> It's ass backwards in my stupid hick town. We have T3s but a T5 hasnt even
> shown up in the local Staples store.

I'm not sure what it is, whether it's a policy or just happenstance,
but it seems like Staples specializes in PDAs that are about to go
off the market. I got a pretty good deal on a Sony Clie SJ22 there
a year ago, and I've seen them advertising a few other old devices
as well.

- Logan
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:28:54 AM

John Doe <a.nonymous@abuse.org> wrote:

>The T5 was actually a replacement for the T|E, not the T3.

The T5 may look like a TE but at twice the price it sure don't cost like a TE.

>The Tungsten E was palmOne's highest-selling unit, EVER.

That's because they get a lot of PDA for the TE's very low price.

>They wanted to capture that audience and enhance it with several new features

They ain't gonna capture a Chevy (TE) audience with Caddy (T5) prices. Nope, the
TE replacement is gonna be the TE2 coming soon to a store near you... ;)

(Yes I do have crystal balls...)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:57:11 PM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:29:41 -0500, John Doe <a.nonymous@abuse.org>
wrote:

> The T5 was actually a replacement for the T|E, not the T3.

Not according to Palm. The T5 was supposed to be a replacement for
the T3. In terms of the TE the rumors based on the FCC web site show
a TE2 becoming available soon. See here for more info:
http://www.davespda.com/index.php?itemid=172
--
E-mail: kevjay@attglobal.net
Anonymous

>The Tungsten E was palmOne's highest-selling unit, EVER. They
>wanted to capture that audience and enhance it with several new
>featuresthat were only (at that time) available on its higher-end T3
>model.

What?!!?

The T5 doesnt have vibration or voice recording. What are the "new features"
that the T5 got that the T3 had? a larger screen? WOW!
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:42:54 PM

<< Lone Bard wrote:

> It's ass backwards in my stupid hick town. We have T3s but a T5 hasnt even
> shown up in the local Staples store.

I'm not sure what it is, whether it's a policy or just happenstance,
but it seems like Staples specializes in PDAs that are about to go
off the market. I got a pretty good deal on a Sony Clie SJ22 there
a year ago, and I've seen them advertising a few other old devices
as well.

The T3 I picked up on closeout a couple of montha ago was from the Staples here
in town. They had both the T3 & the T5 at the time; now just the T5. I've asked
about their stocking of items, and have been told that the local store has very
little control; everything is regional or national.

Dennis B. Swaney
remove .zz to reply
January 18, 2005 8:29:47 PM

Try www.overstock.com - they seem pretty good.
I got an Ultra thin Palm keyboard for ½ the price in shops!
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:02:35 AM

In article <3vdHd.39651$W33.814049@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Lone Bard"
<barry.k@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> >The Tungsten E was palmOne's highest-selling unit, EVER. They
> >wanted to capture that audience and enhance it with several new
> >featuresthat were only (at that time) available on its higher-end T3
> >model.
>
> What?!!?
>
> The T5 doesnt have vibration or voice recording. What are the "new features"
> that the T5 got that the T3 had? a larger screen? WOW!

It's a problem judging features only by one's own preferences. To me,
vibration and voice recording are totally useless. I don't make voice
memos and I don't carry my Palm device on me to feel the vibration.
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 3:50:04 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:02:35 GMT,(Guy Bannis) wrote:
>In article, "Lone Bard" wrote:
>> The T5 doesnt have vibration or voice recording. What are the "new features"
>> that the T5 got that the T3 had? a larger screen? WOW!
>
>It's a problem judging features only by one's own preferences. To me,
>vibration and voice recording are totally useless. I don't make voice
>memos and I don't carry my Palm device on me to feel the vibration.

So having them is of no use to people like you, but a necessity for
people like me. If the T3 has them, I can use them and you can choose
not to use them. The T3 is an option for people like you and for
people like me. The T5 is not an option for people like me.
You don't answer, though, what are the new features introduced by the
T5. I do not count the "it is also a flash drive" one, as the T3 is
able to do the same for a few $$, as Derek said.

What I don't understand is... does a lot of people have their alarms
ringing every few hours, disturbing their co-workers or family? Or is
that there is few people that has to be remainded of events several
times a day, like myself? Maybe I'm one of a few, but for me it was
a huge improvement to be able to be the one to "hear" my alarms when I
switched to the T3 (from a PEG-N60 Clie). The latest of my friends to
buy a PDA discarded all but the T3 because of the vibrating alarm.

Xavi
--
Dain bramaged
Anonymous

"©®" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote:
>Try www.overstock.com - they seem pretty good.

$290 for a factory reconditioned T3 in an open box? Yow!
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 4:33:24 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:36:37 -0500, "Lone Bard" <barry.k@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>>The Tungsten E was palmOne's highest-selling unit, EVER. They
>>wanted to capture that audience and enhance it with several new
>>featuresthat were only (at that time) available on its higher-end T3
>>model.
>
>What?!!?
>
>The T5 doesnt have vibration or voice recording. What are the "new features"
>that the T5 got that the T3 had? a larger screen? WOW!

Discouraged by the lack of T3s in my area (North Carolina), I
considered the T5 and decided to get one because in some ways I think
it is better for me.

The T3's slider I think would grow to annoy me.

I don't need the voice recorder or the vibrating alarm (though those
would be nice to have and I realize for some people these are
necessary).

The T5 has more memory built in.

The T5's battery lasts longer because it is "bigger" (I don't know the
exact term, but it holds more energy, according to the specs). Noting
the battery life in the few days I have had it, I think once I settle
into normal routine use of it (as opposed to playing with it a lot
because it's the "new toy") it should last me a several days to a week
without needing a charge.

If the T5's battery does run down completely, the T5 does not forget
your data. Just recharge -- no need to run a back-up restore
application or re-sync.

Overall I'm pleased with it.

On the downside, I had some trouble with it on my Dell desktop's USB
ports (it works fine on an external powered USB hub, however). Also,
I'm struggling to get it to work on my iBook. So far the software
won't install and the iBook's USB ports don't seem to be able to see
the handheld.

And FWIW: One of the Palm news sites says there is evidence that T3
has been discontinued in Canada. It says even the official Palm stores
there don't carry it anymore.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 9:37:59 AM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:15:19 -0500, William P.N. Smith spewed forth these words
of wisdom:

>"©®" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote:
>>Try www.overstock.com - they seem pretty good.
>
>$290 for a factory reconditioned T3 in an open box? Yow!

I got one at OfficeMax today for $189.99. :-)

Galley
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 5:52:59 PM

Tony Clark napsal(a):
> "ROMAD" <romad@aol.com.zz> wrote in message
> SNIP
>

>>Is there anything supporting the new connector being "better" other than
>>marketing hype? (And I'm asking this question honestly... it might be
>>higher bandwidth, or maybe they've added an audio "line in" as one of the
>>connector bits... does anyone know?)
>>
>>I actually counted the number of pins on the MC & UC. The MC has fewer
>>pins
>>therefore fewer signal paths, unless Palmone is employing heavy
>>multiplexing of
>>the signals with increased bandwidth. Does anyone have access to pin-out
>>charts
>>of the two connectors?
>>

> One thing I didn't like about the UC conector was the method of attaching
> the cable to the Palm. On my T3 certain cables have a tendency to disconnect
> on one side or pop off completely. I also noticed that even though the
> pin-outs are the same the actual cables are a little different to accomodate
> the different case shapes on the Palm. For example, my wife's old m130 was
> rounded on the bottom whereas my T3 is straight. The cradles are not
> interchangeable between the two models because of the form factor difference
> in the Palm. So much for "universal". It would have been nice to see a UC

Which is in NO way a problem of the connector. It's a problem of the
stupid casing designers and imbecile product managers, allowing
designers to void the whole idea of a "universal" connector.

Mark
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 5:58:31 PM

Xavi (ZixxeR) napsal(a):
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:02:35 GMT,(Guy Bannis) wrote:
>
>>In article, "Lone Bard" wrote:
>>
>>>The T5 doesnt have vibration or voice recording. What are the "new features"
>>>that the T5 got that the T3 had? a larger screen? WOW!
>>
>>It's a problem judging features only by one's own preferences. To me,
>>vibration and voice recording are totally useless. I don't make voice
>>memos and I don't carry my Palm device on me to feel the vibration.
>

> So having them is of no use to people like you, but a necessity for
> people like me. If the T3 has them, I can use them and you can choose
> not to use them. The T3 is an option for people like you and for
> people like me. The T5 is not an option for people like me.
> You don't answer, though, what are the new features introduced by the
> T5. I do not count the "it is also a flash drive" one, as the T3 is
> able to do the same for a few $$, as Derek said.
>
> What I don't understand is... does a lot of people have their alarms
> ringing every few hours, disturbing their co-workers or family? Or is
> that there is few people that has to be remainded of events several
> times a day, like myself? Maybe I'm one of a few, but for me it was
> a huge improvement to be able to be the one to "hear" my alarms when I
> switched to the T3 (from a PEG-N60 Clie). The latest of my friends to
> buy a PDA discarded all but the T3 because of the vibrating alarm.
>

> Xavi

I have to express a complete agreement. The vibrating alarm was
essential to me, as well as voicememo. I often attend meetings where not
only notes are taken (into a notebook), but also I take a voice
recording into the T3 as a backup. The mike on my NB is totally
unsuitable for this. And because of my disgust for standalone dictating
machines these are no option for me, either.
So, just like with my mobile phone, I currently have no option of an
upgrade :-(
Mark
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 6:07:00 PM

Lone Bard napsal(a):
> It's ass backwards in my stupid hick town. We have T3s but a T5 hasnt even
> shown up in the local Staples store.

My supplier even discontinued th T5 because of too many customers
returning them because of disappontment :-) He, OTOH, keeps the T3 on
the list.
There are NONE car mounts with cables, NONE all-in-one cradles, NONE
piggyback batteries, NONE accessory cables, and NONE replacement parts
for repairs available.
What exactly is a bloody expensive PDA good for if the only accessories
you can use with it is a wireless keyboard, a CL power adaptor (which
occupies the only car's power outlet, preventing the phone/GPS from
recharging on the go) and a BT phone or GPS?

Mark
!