This PC worth it?

Replicarter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
You might have read my other thread about which pc to choose, but my mam just said i can have this one:

http://www.computerelectronics.co.uk/acatalog/HerculesST3.html

Just wondering if it is actualy worth their price, like components and time to build it. I know i could save by building it myself, but that would be to hard for me :p So thats why i want to buy it ready made.

Also, are there any other smaller companies like Cube Enterprises that do large systems like this with lots of screens?

5th

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
As for hardware, since they don't state exactly what graphics card or motherboard, I can't say.

Software-wise, there's very little that comes with it.

I'd still build my own though, so I'm kinda biased.. :eek:

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

Replicarter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
I emaild Cube asking for detaild specifications, and i recieved this:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+;
2GB PC3200 RAM; EQS A58K9-MFL motherboard,
ATi RS480 chipset; 2 x 300GB Seagate Barracuda hard
disks; NEC ND-3540A DVD writer; BTC BDV316G
DVD-ROM; fl oppy drive; 256MB ATi Radeon X300
graphics; 3 x GNR YS900H 19in

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Agreed. If you're hoping to play games, steer well clear. A lot of screens, with no real power behind them.

I wouldn't buy that for that money I think.

What do you need the PC for? 3 monitors is probably overkill. Although I'd probably find a use for them at work (I use two as it is, but only a 17" LCD and a 15" CRT), I'd almost certainly be fairly happy with just 2 90% of the time, especially 2 nice 19" LCDs.

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

Replicarter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
To be honest, i dont NEED 3 monitors, i just want them because it looks cool,and its easier to spread my windows out over more than one windowe.

Just after i posted this, i went looking around for reviews and stuff, and i agree, other than the processor, everything elce is pretty bad in comparrison. But i cant build a pc my self :( and i see no other way of getting a system like that. Are there any companis that make custom pcs out of the parts you want?

Also, is there someone here who has msn who can go through components with me, and help me pick all the parts that best suit me, and go together best?

G

You should really build it yourself. If your not a little 14 years old asian...And if you dont post 2 millions thread, we will gladly help you around.
its well documented and not so hard.
At worst, you can simply buy all the parts, bring it to a local computer shop and have them assemble it for like 60$ or so...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Well, what do you want the PC for? Gaming, Surfing, Watching films, MP3s, or a little of everything? Do you do a lot of one particular task (software developing perhaps?)

Basically, If all you ever need to do is surf the net and play games, then you really don't need a dual core system, and more than one monitor isn't really necessary. In that case you could get a single larger/nicer screen. With the savings on that front you could get a better video card, which would help a lot more with the gaming experience than having dual core or monitor.

Software Developer? Then two screens is <i>very</i> useful. The only time having only the one screen at home bothers me is when I do some coding at home, which isn't very often. The rest of the time I don't really think about it.

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>