Your question

Computer Crashing with GeForce 445M

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Geforce
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2012 8:33:01 AM

When I start up any sort of application or program, or even click the 'Start' button, it says that my video driver has crashed and recovered. My screen goes black, and then it recovers. Then if I keep using it, it will just randomly blue screen me.

Since this problem has been occurring, I've reinstalled the drivers, full-scanned the computer, and finally I reinstalled Windows 7. I have no idea what to do, and I can't check my exact specs because Speccy will not work properly with my machine in its current condition.

GeForce GT 445m
i7 Q 740 1.73 GHz
6gb ram

This is literally all I know, and this is why I don't expect a solution to come quickly.

More about : computer crashing geforce 445m

December 28, 2012 10:32:10 AM

When you re-installed the old drivers, did you/the program delete the old ones? That might be causing a problem. If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped. That's a pretty confounding problem.
m
l
December 28, 2012 10:48:04 AM

About a year ago or so I was having a similar situation, but in my case it turned out that the video card was NOT the problem at all.

It was actually the RAM that was causing issues.
After I confirmed with Ram test (the one on Windows 7) I simply RMA the RAM and I have never have/had that issue again.

So I suggest you to test your RAM to be sure and if not at least eliminate this possibility
from your equation.

Also I noticed 6GB.... are you using triple channel or dual channel?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 11:03:12 AM

Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Update bios.
Update hdd/ssd firmware.
Update Gpu firmware .
Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.
m
l
December 30, 2012 4:34:56 AM

bemused_fred said:
When you re-installed the old drivers, did you/the program delete the old ones? That might be causing a problem. If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped. That's a pretty confounding problem.

Yes, I did.

drwho1 said:
About a year ago or so I was having a similar situation, but in my case it turned out that the video card was NOT the problem at all.

It was actually the RAM that was causing issues.
After I confirmed with Ram test (the one on Windows 7) I simply RMA the RAM and I have never have/had that issue again.

So I suggest you to test your RAM to be sure and if not at least eliminate this possibility
from your equation.

Also I noticed 6GB.... are you using triple channel or dual channel?

I don't think that the RAM is the problem, but the 6Gbs that I am using are dual channel.

hytecgowthaman said:
Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Update bios.
Update hdd/ssd firmware.
Update Gpu firmware .
Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.

I have tried all of this, and nothing has worked. Nothing has changed either.
m
l
December 30, 2012 11:12:31 AM

brittp30 said:
Yes, I did.

I don't think that the RAM is the problem, but the 6Gbs that I am using are dual channel.

I have tried all of this, and nothing has worked. Nothing has changed either.

OK, so I guess you are using 2X1GB + 2X2GB =6GB?
You also mentioned that you have checked all the other suggestions, (and nothing worked)....
Which brings me back to TESTING the RAM, do yourself a favor and RUN Windows Ram Test to make sure.

Hint: if the computer shuts down while running the test, it is the RAM.
If the test finish 100% and Windows tells you that there are no issues with the RAM, then I would move on to other things.

Also your RAM combination, please make sure that they are running at the same settings. (since you are using 2 different pairs.)
m
l
!