Laptop Video Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshmallow905

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Hi,

I plan to replace my glossy LCD screen to matte, my question is how can I find out where my video connector (40 pin socket) is? because I plan to order a new matte for my LCD screen, but there are two types (left and right video connectors) I can't purchase it unless I find out if it's on the left or right side. Is it possible to tell without taking the laptop apart? preferred.

Thanks in advance,

Solution
You need to open up the LCD's frame. The PCB on which you have the buttons to operate the LDC will have a ribbon wire running all the way up to the back of the LCD Panel covered with a Metallic Foil Tape.
If you carefully remove the Tape you'll see the 40Pin Connector and the exact model name , manufacturer and serial of the present LCD Panel.
You need to open up the LCD's frame. The PCB on which you have the buttons to operate the LDC will have a ribbon wire running all the way up to the back of the LCD Panel covered with a Metallic Foil Tape.
If you carefully remove the Tape you'll see the 40Pin Connector and the exact model name , manufacturer and serial of the present LCD Panel.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.