Sign in with
Your question

Which monitor should I buy?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 2, 2012 11:34:05 PM

This is my first time in LED buy. So far I researched and I know that there are mainly three panels, TN, IPS and VA. TN is low quality but fast, IPS is high quality but slow and VA is in middle of them.
Now, when it comes to real buying, It seemed that I got lost. I am really clueless which one should I buy.... I am looking for 22-23inch monitor. For home use, mostly moderate gaming and movie watching, surfing etc.
And, I also have some questions regarding it..

If the monitor is HD, is it assumed that, its MAX resolution is 1920*1080 ?
Do monitors also have, i and p thing? what it is basically?

I have got a motherboard with dvi and hdmi female ports on it. and I have one dvi-d male to hdmi male wire, how can I use it with my new monitor?

and, please please tell me, which monitor should I go with? is samsung better one?

yeah, those are hell lot of questions, but I feel this is the only right place to ask them from my previous experiances. thanks in advance. waiting eagerly for your response..

More about : monitor buy

a b C Monitor
March 3, 2012 5:01:54 AM

If it is Full HD, then it is 1080p. Otherwise, just HD could also be 720p. P means progressive.

If moderate gaming, I recommend the U2312HM. It is the best for its size and price.
March 3, 2012 10:28:24 AM

azeem40 said:
If it is Full HD, then it is 1080p. Otherwise, just HD could also be 720p. P means progressive.

If moderate gaming, I recommend the U2312HM. It is the best for its size and price.

Thanks for the response! Can you please tell me more about progressive and interlaced scannning? which one is better and how to detect if hte monitor is i or p?

Also, can you tell me good ones from samusng and LG?
March 5, 2012 8:52:38 AM

Anyone???
!