gottlieb happy clown

i posted this earlier, so far no replies. i need some info ASAP, the
seller want to do this today. its a 1964 gottlieb happy clown. all i
know about it is what i saw in a older ebay listing, but it looks like a
very interesting and clever machine. the IPDB is down again, so i'm
flying a bit blind. it would be the first pin i pay real money for, so
far the most i spent to get one is a hundred bucks. anyway, its supposed
to be clean, and working when stored. how much should i offer, what is
it worth running in nice shape, how hard is it to get parts to restore
it? any thing i should be wary of, like critical parts made of
unobtanium, or certain things that are always broken on them? thanks to
all.

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Mike,

First, if the most you've spent is $100 for a machine I applaude you!
My best friend has a Happy Clown. He plays it everyday. It's a good
machine and fun to play in my experience. The biggest issue I have
every seen is the Roto-Spin. For a good time that must be working well
and aligning properly. Since it's a Gottlieb parts are easy to get at
Pinball Resource. I have nothing bad to say about the machine, but I
will say, the machine has been more fun since my buddy installed hot
coils for the flippers.

Suerte,
Mark

offer whay you are willing to pay, I have been told this is a great
machine to won and its a gottlieb! go for it!!

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

I avoided the first post you made because I don't want to be a wet
blanket. But... nah. Its an ok game. Definetly a looker when restored! I
find it to be a bit of a drain monster though, even moreso than say
GiGi. It does have an interesting layout though and I certainly wouldn't
kick it out the door if it was priced right :)

mike hooker wrote:
> i posted this earlier, so far no replies. i need some info ASAP, the
> seller want to do this today. its a 1964 gottlieb happy clown. all i
> know about it is what i saw in a older ebay listing, but it looks like a
> very interesting and clever machine. the IPDB is down again, so i'm
> flying a bit blind. it would be the first pin i pay real money for, so
> far the most i spent to get one is a hundred bucks. anyway, its supposed
> to be clean, and working when stored. how much should i offer, what is
> it worth running in nice shape, how hard is it to get parts to restore
> it? any thing i should be wary of, like critical parts made of
> unobtanium, or certain things that are always broken on them? thanks to
> all.
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com