Nermal

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2005
I have put together a P4 3 GHz system with an Asus motherboard and case with CPU temp. monitoring capability. As soon as I turn on the computer, I receive a CPU overheating error, as well as a CPU fan not working error. However the fan is spinning and the CPU temperature never gets higher than 37C (from the case monitor). Any ideas?

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
um did you set the CPU heat warning thign to like 20C? if so then it will give you the error once you turn on the PC... but if that is not right i guess its just ASUS screwing up.... (cannot explain fan not spinning error though.... if it came with the cpu error then i could say that its just that the comp think they are both the same thing or are caused by the same thing and gives ya the general problem analysis)

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2

endyen

Splendid
The cpu fan header is monitored. If you have not used it, (using another header, or a third party fan controller) you will get the fan not working error. You can disable monitoring in bios, but it is usually better to use the correct header.
If this is a s775 setup, the cpu fan header has a fourth pin, which monitors hsf temps, as part of a cpu temp calculation. Using a 4 pin setup, on the right header is a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS