Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Website being used: www.zone.com

So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
telling me,

Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
try to install again.
Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
Click here for more help.

Please Note:

Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
box.
Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.

If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.

I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.

I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
Someone please help.

I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.

Thanks in advance.

Expand AllCollapse All

Zinger wrote:
> Website being used: www.zone.com
>
> So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
> Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
> CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
> telling me,
>
> Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
> try to install again.
> Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> Click here for more help.
>
> Please Note:
>
> Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
> box.
> Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
>
> If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
> top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
>
> I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
> able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
> for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
>
> I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
> Someone please help.
>
> I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Maybe your settings are such that you aren't prompted with the yellow
bar. I believe the suggested settings are listed here:

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

Also open Internet Properties, General tab, click Settings, "View
Objects" and see that ZoneInfo and Heartbeat are listed, and not damaged.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Hey Elmo,

Thanks for the help. Although Zone still doesn't work cause I don't get the
yellow bar, maybe I know the problem now.

I already tried the nibbles and bits stuff, so that doesn't work. But you
said to check to see if I had ZoneInfo and HeartBeat listed. Well I have
HeartBeat, but I don't have ZoneInfo - could that be the problem as to why
I'm not getting the yellow bar? Or is it not listed because I don't see the
yellow bar and couldn't download ZoneInfo?

Thanks in advance.

"+Elmo_Tech" wrote:

> Zinger wrote:
> > Website being used: www.zone.com
> >
> > So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
> > Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
> > CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
> > telling me,
> >
> > Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> > Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
> > try to install again.
> > Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> > Click here for more help.
> >
> > Please Note:
> >
> > Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
> > box.
> > Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
> >
> > If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
> > top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
> >
> > I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
> > able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
> > for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
> >
> > I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
> > Someone please help.
> >
> > I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Maybe your settings are such that you aren't prompted with the yellow
> bar. I believe the suggested settings are listed here:
>
> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE
>
> Also open Internet Properties, General tab, click Settings, "View
> Objects" and see that ZoneInfo and Heartbeat are listed, and not damaged.
>
> --
> +Elmo_Tech
> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
>

> Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
> "com" if you want to email me.

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Also I noticed that the posts above these, I also have that error as
mentioned in the first post where I posted the error that zone gives me, so I
tried deleting those same files and it didn't work for me. ;[

Zinger wrote:
> Hey Elmo,
>
> Thanks for the help. Although Zone still doesn't work cause I don't get the
> yellow bar, maybe I know the problem now.
>
> I already tried the nibbles and bits stuff, so that doesn't work. But you
> said to check to see if I had ZoneInfo and HeartBeat listed. Well I have
> HeartBeat, but I don't have ZoneInfo - could that be the problem as to why
> I'm not getting the yellow bar? Or is it not listed because I don't see the
> yellow bar and couldn't download ZoneInfo?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "+Elmo_Tech" wrote:
>

>>Zinger wrote:
>>
>>>Website being used: www.zone.com
>>>
>>>So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
>>>Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
>>>CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
>>>telling me,
>>>
>>>Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
>>>Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
>>>try to install again.
>>> Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
>>>Click here for more help.
>>>
>>> Please Note:
>>>
>>> Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
>>>box.
>>>Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
>>>
>>>If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
>>>top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
>>>
>>>I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
>>>able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
>>>for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
>>>
>>>I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
>>>Someone please help.
>>>
>>>I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Maybe your settings are such that you aren't prompted with the yellow
>>bar. I believe the suggested settings are listed here:
>>
>>http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE
>>
>>Also open Internet Properties, General tab, click Settings, "View
>>Objects" and see that ZoneInfo and Heartbeat are listed, and not damaged.

I just removed ZoneIntro, entered Rainbow Six, it prompted to add an
"Essential Zone file" or something similar, I got the yellow bar and an
alert sound, allowed the install, and when I checked back, ZoneIntro was
added.

You might look at your Security tab for the Internet settings and try
different settings. And some software such as popup blockers, including
the one in IE6 might prevent the prompt to allow the install; I don't
know for certain.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Ah see, that's the problem though. I do not get the yellow bar. I've tried
for about 2 hours turning off the popup blocker/editing security settings,
turning off the firewall/editing security settings, turning off the
popupblocker/firewall/editing security settings. Nothing seems to want to
work for me.

Maybe it is possible that you could some how get the files that are
essential to play, such as the 'essential game download' or whatever you said
it was called and the ZoneIntro file? If you could host them, or e-mail them
and I could try to place them in the proper folders if you told me where they
go, maybe that would work?

I mean seriously, why wouldn't it, it's like having it installed on my
computer then.

"Zinger" wrote:

> Ah see, that's the problem though. I do not get the yellow bar. I've tried
> for about 2 hours turning off the popup blocker/editing security settings,
> turning off the firewall/editing security settings, turning off the
> popupblocker/firewall/editing security settings. Nothing seems to want to
> work for me.
>
> Maybe it is possible that you could some how get the files that are
> essential to play, such as the 'essential game download' or whatever you said
> it was called and the ZoneIntro file? If you could host them, or e-mail them
> and I could try to place them in the proper folders if you told me where they
> go, maybe that would work?
>
> I mean seriously, why wouldn't it, it's like having it installed on my
> computer then.

Or maybe, you can Remote Connect to my computer through something like MSN
Messenger and see the problem for yourself and try to fix it.

Zinger wrote:

> "Zinger" wrote:
>

>>Ah see, that's the problem though. I do not get the yellow bar. I've tried
>>for about 2 hours turning off the popup blocker/editing security settings,
>>turning off the firewall/editing security settings, turning off the
>>popupblocker/firewall/editing security settings. Nothing seems to want to
>>work for me.
>>
>>Maybe it is possible that you could some how get the files that are
>>essential to play, such as the 'essential game download' or whatever you said
>>it was called and the ZoneIntro file? If you could host them, or e-mail them
>>and I could try to place them in the proper folders if you told me where they
>>go, maybe that would work?
>>
>>I mean seriously, why wouldn't it, it's like having it installed on my
>>computer then.
>

> Or maybe, you can Remote Connect to my computer through something like MSN
> Messenger and see the problem for yourself and try to fix it.

Try clicking this:

http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cab

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Ok Yes,

I download it and extracted the 1 file 'ZIntro.ocx' to the file MSN Gaming
Zone - still doesn't work.

Did I extract it to the wrong area?

Zinger wrote:
> Ok Yes,
>
> I download it and extracted the 1 file 'ZIntro.ocx' to the file MSN Gaming
> Zone - still doesn't work.
>
> Did I extract it to the wrong area?
>
> "+Elmo_Tech" wrote:
>

>>Zinger wrote:

>>>Or maybe, you can Remote Connect to my computer through something like MSN
>>>Messenger and see the problem for yourself and try to fix it.
>>
>>Try clicking this:
>>
>>http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cab

You'd probably extract it to the C:\Windows\Downlo~1 folder
(C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files). You might also have to register
ZIntro.ocx with the following command.. Click Start, Run, type:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\Downlo~1\ZIntro.ocx

You can copy/Paste the command from this post. I'm not sure this will
work.. couldn't hurt!

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Elmo,

Didn't work, but your right, it was worth a try. I'm still getting the same
ol' error.

Any more suggestions? Or could we step up to Remote Assistance so you could
see it? If you would like to, my e-mail is Card2k@hotmail.com and I'll be
home from 1pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time tomorrow.